Wow, that's really good Surprised I wish I had some artistic skills, but alas my right brain never arrived.
Haha, you're a solid left brain guy? I try to do a bit of both, hence my GIMPings and all the logos I make for my projects. Smile
What exactly is Pixel Art?
Its just low res images made by like MS paint usually in black and white or very low res grayscale. Usualy made by hand clicking each pixel. I used to do this with cars a while ago, if you look at my earlier post thats what mine looked a little bit like.

-Swivel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_Art
KermMartian wrote:
Haha, you're a solid left brain guy? I try to do a bit of both, hence my GIMPings and all the logos I make for my projects. Smile
Yeah. I wish I had any creative or artistic tendencies, but I don't. Let's put it this way: I could code a better bitmap of a word than I could draw one. Laughing
jpez wrote:

Yes, that is true. But the groups, forums, and people how get togather to do as a hobby uses a differant meaning.

-swivel
Btw, you don't need to sign all your posts "-swivel". First of all, you should be using -- to indicate that you are using a dash rather than a hyphen. Second of all, just put it in your sig.
I edited that wikipedia Pixel Art entry. See if you can find my edit. Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
I edited that wikipedia Pixel Art entry. See if you can find my edit. Very Happy

"graphing-calculator games"
Yeah, like that wasn't blindingly obvious. I would have been insulted if you didn't get it. Razz
jpez wrote:
Btw, you don't need to sign all your posts "-swivel". First of all, you should be using -- to indicate that you are using a dash rather than a hyphen. Second of all, just put it in your sig.

--habit

-SWIVEL
Aaaanyway, back on topic. How long do you think until my edit is removed? Razz
Also, I should post up some of my latest pixelart here.
Okay, this is annoying; STOP POSTING THE SAME PR0N LINKS AS OTHER BOTS POSER!!!!!!!!!!
Deleted offending posts. Kerm, the bot name is Steran0.
swivelgames wrote:
Hey thats pretty cool.

Experimenting with colored pictures I drew a colored map using GIMP2 and sent it to the Calculator still in the form I saved it in, it impresively redid the image to look very good quality on the calculator but as I progressed to send more and more the newest sent ones turned into black images with touches of white in the bottom right corner. then once I tried to open the older ones they were all like that. Is there a problem with the processor? can it not handle the pictures or something?

-Swivel

how do you save files for the calculator in GIMP?? Shock
There's a plugin on ticalc.org that should handle opening and saving. It's by Romain Levin.
sorry, broke the "B&W or Grayscale rule" Razz

however, I tried my hand at a fox silhouette for Vixen VM, so tell me what you think.

That's very impressive. Do you just use a mouse, or do you have some sort of drawing peripheral?
All done with the paintbrush in MS paint with a normal mouse.

I'm experimenting with the ears to see if I can make them bigger without throwing the proportions into chaos right now.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours