Hi!! I'm Ym new to this site.
I heard globalCALCnet and Gossamer let you go online. Is that true?! What functions are available? Are there restrictions? Very Happy Where can I buy one of them?
you don't have to buy anything. They are both free. I don't know how they work, but I do know that gosammer can be downloaded here.
Gossamer and globalCALCnet are both free. Gossamer is a web browser for TI-83+ and TI-84+ graphing calculators, and globalCALCnet is a way to connect calculators over the internet. It's part of CALCnet, a networking protocol built into the Doors CS shell. I maintain a central gCn server/bridge that lets Gossamer access the internet via gCn. The thing you DO need is a globalCALCnet bridge, which can be an Arduino or Direct USB (which is still glitchy)

:: Gossamer 1.0
:: Doors CS 7.2 Beta 2 is what you need for gCn/CALCnet
:: globalCALCnet documentation
Thank you for your replies!
My bad, I was thinking of a calculator that can connect to Wifi... but there is no such thing, is there? Sad
There is not. Sad
ym wrote:
My bad, I was thinking of a calculator that can connect to Wifi... but there is no such thing, is there? Sad
Not yet. There are some projects for wireless CALCnet, one of which is my own, and BrandonW has been working on and off with Bluetooth and WiFi USB drivers for the TI-84+/SE, but nothing currently is available.
ym wrote:

If a calculator could be connected to Wifi, it would be banned on standardized tests. However, it would be cool if someone made a Wifi adapter... Smile
Indeed, and that's the eventual hope for globalCALCnet. Smile People have been exploring the MSP430's wireless communication, Zigbees, and even Bluetooth before, but no one has had the time to complete one of the implementations.
thanks guys... by the way, i heard we can download wolflamalpha or mathematica on a TI calculator, do u know if that's true? i looked online but couldn't find it
ym wrote:
thanks guys... by the way, i heard we can download wolflamalpha or mathematica on a TI calculator, do u know if that's true? i looked online but couldn't find it
No, that's patently false. Perhaps I should make an Octave interface for CALCnet or a clipped version of WolframAlpha, but currently no such thing exists.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours