Hello,
I would like to introduce you my attempt to port Doom to Casio Prizm. Standard Doom requires about 8 MB RAM, so do not expect anything Smile
It is in a very early stage, slow and it will probably crash due to failed malloc.

Controls:
arrows - movement
[alpha] - fire
[exe] - use (open the door,...)
[^] - iddqd + idkfa Smile
[F1] ~ [F5] - weapon select
[Menu] - exit (the calculator will be in somehow wrong state, if menu is not working, try to turn it off and on)

Download:
http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=755
Since many of our members have been banned for various reasons at Omnimaga, would you be so kind as to upload this to the Cemetech archives? If it's difficult for you to make screenshots, I can do that as well.
KermMartian wrote:
Since many of our members have been banned for various reasons at Omnimaga, would you be so kind as to upload this to the Cemetech archives? If it's difficult for you to make screenshots, I can do that as well.

You can access Omnimaga as an anonymous user, so this should not be an issue. Nevertheles I uploaded it.

What do you mean by "screenshot" ? Image got from the calculator ?
This doesn't work, because this needs OS cooperation which is available only while calling some functions (like Getkey()) and I am not calling them.
Sadly, some of us are IP-banned. Smile I have added your photograph as a screenshot; that is how I have screenshotted many of my projects. Sadly, the Casio Prizm Manager doesn't work well with many of our projects, although it is otherwise good for screenshots. I'll see what I can do about making a video of your progress as it is currently.
KermMartian wrote:
Sadly, some of us are IP-banned. Smile

For what reason? I may overlooked somethig as I read only the casio parts of both servers but in very most cases I see constructive posts.

KermMartian wrote:
I have added your photograph as a screenshot; that is how I have screenshotted many of my projects. Sadly, the Casio Prizm Manager doesn't work well with many of our projects, although it is otherwise good for screenshots. I'll see what I can do about making a video of your progress as it is currently.

Thank you.
This is awesome!

Is it fast? (I would try it on my calc but casio still has mine.... in customer repair.)
Looks very nice. Smile Have you done a port of a straight C version, or are you using a version with performance-enhancing assembly routines?
demo running in cg manager:

in calculator is a bit slow on the stairs...
On the calculator, I think it is slow whenever there are many polygons to draw at once (like on the stairs). You'll see it is faster when only facing a wall, for example.

I manage to play it without getting too much errors (no system error yet), but sometimes the game stops and I must reset the calculator (no RAM left? Smile )
Video complete! Here you go, on-calc play; I will post this in a news article momentarily:

Looks cool on-calc. As a quick fix, have you tried enabling low-resolution mode to get a bit more performance out of it?
Yes, it is very slow. But I bypass OS when reading the file and read it directly from the flash (by memcpy). It was about 20x slower before.

I tried to directly use flash memory (so I would save some RAM), but it crashed on the start - invalid memory access on read, the pointer pointed to the flash . So it seems it is not possible to read flash chip in some situation. Do we have some information about it ?
This is great! I'm so happy to see this. Kerm: Was your calc overclocked when you took that video?
merthsoft wrote:
This is great! I'm so happy to see this. Kerm: Was your calc overclocked when you took that video?
No, my calculator was running at the stock speeds. Helder7 said he tried it and found it to improve some parts but not others. I suspect that memory management may be a big issue here.
In general I feel the game is faster when the calculator is overclocked. We need further testing though.
Would making textures less detailed speed it up at all?
Very nice! I haven't touched my prizm in almost 2 months, time to turn it back on. I am really exited on the development of these types of games, it shows us what is possible. Great work mPoupe
If this gets to the point where it is release-able, you may want to enter it in the UCF summer contest Smile
I have uplaod two files. When i execute the game, the game load something but do nothing after. I have a Fx-CG 20. Need much memory, mine is almost full ? Thanks for help !
totoyo wrote:
I have uplaod two files. When i execute the game, the game load something but do nothing after. I have a Fx-CG 20. Need much memory, mine is almost full ? Thanks for help !
It should start the game, after about 10-15 seconds spent spinning the "busy" indicator. You probably need to clear off some RAM for it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours