Travis wrote:
Although I don't own the 83+/84+ and would be reasonably proficient with it anyway, I'm finding the book unexpectedly handy. It's a great source of progressively more challenging examples to adapt to any new programming language I decide to start learning (especially since I seem to have trouble coming up with ideas for simple exercises to help me learn the ropes myself). [...]
Great, I am glad to hear that. I'm sad to say I haven't had the chance to do any significant work with HP's calculators, but I've always gotten the impression that the operations they expose to users are surprisingly fast and efficient, especially for TI-BASIC programmers. I am therefore not stunned to hear you say the same thing, and wish I had the time to explore those calculators in more depth.

Quote:
By the way, you might want to change the description of this forum now since it's no longer just an “upcoming” book. Very Happy
Nice catch on that. Fixed.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours