I was pondering earlier: how best to refer to members of the site? I figured it would either be 'Cemetechians' or 'Cemetechies', simply because they flow nicely.
My preference would be 'Cemetechians', as 'Cemetechies' implies that Cemetech is more of an activity than a location, which I think is false.

What do you guys think?
I always thought we were Cemetechians, but that's just me. Cemetechies sounds weird `-`
qazz42 wrote:
I always thought we were cemetechians, but that's just me.

I've commonly seen other members refer to the member base here as "Cemetechians."
I call us "Cemetechians" (KE-me-tek-ee-ans). I think that everyone has more or less adopted that particular term for denizens of Cemetech. Cemetechies is clever, but as you say, it's not exactly accurate (and indeed sounds slightly derogatory to me).
I usually say Cemetechians, though sometimes I say Cemetechnicians.
I like Cemetechnicians. It combines the cleverness of Cemetechies with better accuracy.
Tari wrote:
I like Cemetechnicians. It combines the cleverness of Cemetechies with better accuracy.
It is indeed very nice. How about that be a secondary, unofficial (but particularly awesome) term, with Cemetechian as the recognized noun?
KermMartian wrote:
Tari wrote:
It is indeed very nice. How about that be a secondary, unofficial (but particularly awesome) term, with Cemetechian as the recognized noun?

I second this! I tend to call us Cemetechians, but I love Cemetechnician because it makes us sound awesome Razz
Nerds.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Nerds.
Considering what a compliment that is, you can have special dispensation to call us that, Nikky. Smile
Hmm. I always just called us the family. Guess I am the odd one, The Family of Cemetechnicians. haha

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours