I have decided to learn C so I can make programs for the Prizm, hopefully.

I don't know anything about programing, the only thing I know is the basic stuff with a computer and some PS and 3DS MAX.

Right now I am on a old slow computer running Windows 8.

I have Checked some threds about learning C for the prizm but I don't get it all, what to use etc.

"What You'll Need
:: Casio fx-9860 SDK: Note that you need to have an fx-9860 calculator to download this SDK"

http://www.fishbot.co.cc/downloads/fx9860sdk.html This link seems to be down for me so I cant get that.

What SDK should I use? GCC?

If theres a guide on how to set everything up it would be great.

Thanks! Smile
Prizm GCC SDK setup guide.
That'll get you up and running, but won't help with figuring out what you're doing in C. Someone else can probably offer resources on that, as I don't know of any good ones offhand.
When I get on my computer (on my 3DS right now) I'll post all my getting started tutorials for you. In the mean time you need to learn C. I prefer a book to learn but it is up to you. I would start by googleing a C tutorial, there are some good ones out there.
Here you go Smile
http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7876
I am reading some tutorials but I think im kinda' slow...
"if ( 5 < 10 )
printf( "Five is now less than ten, that's a big surprise" );
Here, we're just evaluating the statement, "is five less than ten", to see if it is true or not; with any luck, it's not! If you want, you can write your own full program including stdio.h and put this in the main function and run it to test."

Anyone that can show me how to do this program? All I can do now is "hello world" and make a program that tells me to press a number then says what number I pressed....
lirkaren wrote:
I am reading some tutorials but I think im kinda' slow...
"if ( 5 < 10 )
printf( "Five is now less than ten, that's a big surprise" );
Here, we're just evaluating the statement, "is five less than ten", to see if it is true or not; with any luck, it's not! If you want, you can write your own full program including stdio.h and put this in the main function and run it to test."

Anyone that can show me how to do this program? All I can do now is "hello world" and make a program that tells me to press a number then says what number I pressed....

Code:
#include <stdio.h>

int main(){
     if(5<10) printf("Five is less than 10. \n");
}

For now, just stick whatever you want to test in the main procedure.
lirkaren wrote:
What You'll Need
:: Casio fx-9860 SDK: Note that you need to have an fx-9860 calculator to download this SDK"
That's entirely outdated; where was that so that I can add a note pointing readers to the PrizmSDK? That was for the miniSDK/microSDK, which is no longer maintained as far as I know.
KermMartian wrote:
where was that so that I can add a note pointing readers to the PrizmSDK?

It was in [HOWTO] Prizm C Development.
lirkaren wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
where was that so that I can add a note pointing readers to the PrizmSDK?

It was in [HOWTO] Prizm C Development.
Thanks for that. I have updated that thread to instead point over to this page on WikiPrizm:

http://prizm.cemetech.net/index.php?title=PrizmSDK_Setup_Guide
Anyone knows what I am doing wrong?

using System;
namespace Project1
{
class Class1
{
public.static.void Main(string[] args);
{
int x = 78;
Console.Write(x);
Console.ReadKey();
}
}
}
lirkaren wrote:
Anyone knows what I am doing wrong?

using System;
namespace Project1
{
class Class1
{
public.static.void Main(string[] args);
{
int x = 78;
Console.Write(x);
Console.ReadKey();
}
}
}

You're writing code in C#... not C.
That is indeed nothing even remotely related to C/C++. Smile And I'm a bit sickened by how much C# looks like Java, to be honest, with that public.static.void main. Sad
Yes the guide is for C# and Visual Studio.
but I still don't get what I am doing wrong (noob).
lirkaren wrote:
Yes the guide is for C# and Visual Studio.
but I still don't get what I am doing wrong (noob).
C# is not C at all. Smile Did you want to be learning C (and eventually C++), or C#? As far as what is wrong with that code, C++-wise, you should see what error messages the interpreter is throwing.
KermMartian wrote:
That is indeed nothing even remotely related to C/C++. Smile And I'm a bit sickened by how much C# looks like Java, to be honest, with that public.static.void main. Sad

Thought C# and C was the same Razz

Found som Youtube tutorials in swedish but he don't have C tutorials, should I move on to the C++ tutorials instead? Smile

Code:
public.static.void

should be

Code:
public static void

(for future reference if you ever decide to use C#)
qazz42 wrote:

Code:
public.static.void

should be

Code:
public static void

What's the point of correcting his C# syntax if he's using the totally wrong language anyways? Rolling Eyes
I recommend that between C and C++, you learn C first, since (and don't you dare go all pedant on me, guys) almost all valid C code is also valid C++ code, but all valid C++ code is absolutely not valid C code. Thus, find yourself some decent C tutorials and go to it! Although I always find that I learn best by mostly playing with, modifying, and teasing apart existing code.
As for recommended tutorials, I personally like throwing this at people because it's rather well done, and teaches everything you'll need to know to get yourself up to speed in C. http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/c-tutorial.html
I think I will start with C++ becouse the videos are in swedish and he explains pretty good so I think it will be more easy for me to do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahFONPNt3vY&feature=relmfu
That is what I kind of did, I learned C++ partly. Then I switched over and started C, let me tell you it can be a bit confusing. As Kerm said some C++ code doesn't translate or work in C. So I also recommend learning C first. Good luck and have fun.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours