Some of you may remember that for a while I have been working on making a Mac port of basic builder. Id sort of put it on the back burner for a while so I can finish some other projects and learn more Python (the backend of BasicBuilder is written in Python).

Now that Ive had a chance to hone my Python skills working on gCn Im resuming work on it, and that's the only project I will be working for the next week or so while Kerm works on the gCn calc-comp protocol.

It wont be open source (due to an agreement I made with Martin Warmer), but it will be more be easier to use, and a little more reliable, and I will actually be using one of the built-in features that never made it into the BasicBuilder 2.0 exe.

I will also be releasing a new version for windows as well, and possibly Linux if I can get access to a Linux box
for the linux version, just release the .pyc file (the pyc is the byte compiled version, kinda like the java .class's, and is not the source file)

i forgot the python command to make the .pyc version, though, sorry Sad (but i'm sure you can figure it out no problem Very Happy )
Sounds cool, elfprince, that's a very useful thing for you to do.
kllrnohj wrote:
(but I'm sure you can figure it out no problem Very Happy )

Google = Smile

KermMartian wrote:
Sounds cool, elfprince, that's a very useful thing for you to do.

thanks.
elfprince13 wrote:
Google = Smile

actually i was thinking "python --help" - but whatever Laughing
here's a screeny of what I've gotten done on the front end so far (without using wxGlade or PythonCard)

as mentioned above Im using Martin's existing backend.
buttons = ick. Wink
would you be willing to design some customs for me?
If you are I need some for the following tasks:

Back
Forward
Finish
Cancel
Add
Load Ini
Save Ini
i didn't really do this for gCn2 Python Client (unfortunately), but you really should use the built in ID's for common buttons. Example, for the OK button, use wx.ID_OK - wxWidgets will then automatically map it to the native options (for example, in GTK the OK buttons have a green RETURN arrow; and in most OS's the ENTER key is a shortcut for the OK button)
do you know what buttons this works for?
elfprince13 wrote:
would you be willing to design some customs for me?
If you are I need some for the following tasks:

Back
Forward
Finish
Cancel
Add
Load Ini
Save Ini

Sure, I'll do whatever isn't native.
I think you can have any button image for the native ones as long as the ID is correct.
elfprince13 wrote:
do you know what buttons this works for?

Note: This [usually] does NOT add any icons, text, styleing or such to the button, but instead just dictates extra behaviors (example: wx.ID_CANCEL button will be linked to the ESC key)

EDIT:
this should explain it better than i can: http://www.wxwidgets.org/manuals/2.6.2/wx_eventhandlingoverview.html#windowids
Cool, thanks for the link.
elfprince13 wrote:
Cool, thanks for the link.

its for the "real" C++ version of wxWidgets, so just replace wxSOMETHING with wx.SOMETHING for the python one
or just use import wxPython instead of import wx....
sry about the double post...

heres the current demo...two more pages plus the buttons. then the real work begins. I just switched over to BoaConstructor which is awesome
Lookin' good so far.
thanks, and thanks to kllrnohj for all the help with finding a RAD for wxPython.
elfprince13 wrote:
or just use import wxPython instead of import wx....

then it would be wxPython.SOMETHING instead of wx.SOMETHING Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours