seana11 wrote:
The point of reducing the score of porting a basic game is because of the relative ease of which it is to port a basic game, as compared to a C/asm game. It may only require retyping the source of the game into a different model of calculator.

Or copy/pasting with FA-124.
flyingfisch wrote:
seana11 wrote:
The point of reducing the score of porting a basic game is because of the relative ease of which it is to port a basic game, as compared to a C/asm game. It may only require retyping the source of the game into a different model of calculator.

Or copy/pasting with FA-124.

That as well (Though FA-124 is one of the worst pieces of transfer software IMHO)
Quote:
It may only require retyping the source of the game into a different model of calculator.

Not for the classpad, but I understand what you meant Wink
I'm sorry because i understood that the aim of the ''compatibility'' points is to judge if the program is easy to port to an other version Sad

And i agree with the fact that FA-124 isn't a good piece of transfer, but we actually haven't the choice without SD calc (except prizm)[/quote]
Cartix wrote:
Quote:
It may only require retyping the source of the game into a different model of calculator.

Not for the classpad, but I understand what you meant ;)
I'm sorry because i understood that the aim of the ''compatibility'' points is to judge if the program is easy to port to an other version :(

And i agree with the fact that FA-124 isn't a good piece of transfer, but we actually haven't the choice without SD calc (except prizm)
[/quote]

xfer9860
The application deadline for judges is in 11 days. Me and the other mods at UCF are happy to be judges, but some of us want to enter in categories, thus disqualifying ourselves from judging that category. If we could have a couple other judges, that'd be great. Judges who have a classpad would be especially helpful, since only MicroPro has a classpad (I believe). We will evaluate the entrants, and release the final panel on the 15th of May.
As noted on IRC, I hope that you mean June 15th, as it is a bit late for May 15th at this point. Smile I hope to eventually have a ClassPad, as I'm doing the training program for it, but I doubt I would have it in time for the contest, so I'm not going to bother applying.
KermMartian wrote:
As noted on IRC, I hope that you mean June 15th, as it is a bit late for May 15th at this point. Smile I hope to eventually have a ClassPad, as I'm doing the training program for it, but I doubt I would have it in time for the contest, so I'm not going to bother applying.

I thought that was only for teachers...
flyingfisch wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
As noted on IRC, I hope that you mean June 15th, as it is a bit late for May 15th at this point. :) I hope to eventually have a ClassPad, as I'm doing the training program for it, but I doubt I would have it in time for the contest, so I'm not going to bother applying.

I got that impression as well.
flyingfisch wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

It is only for teachers, and I am a teacher. Smile But let's not get off-topic.
The classpad isn't only for teacher. I've one, as PierrotLL and Binary_Man form Planet Casio, but none of us is a teacher.
Cartix wrote:
The classpad isn't only for teacher. I've one, as PierrotLL and Binary_Man form Planet Casio, but none of us is a teacher.

But you didn't get it free through tha classpad 101 thing, did you?
No. I paid for it Very Happy
Would you mind judging, then?
I got mine free from classpad 101.
seana11 wrote:

If this proposition was for me, sorry but i'm going to enter this contest with a Classpad Basic program.
But if you want, i can test other program and just give my opinion, without point, if it can help you
Hi Seana, I have a fx9860, a Prizm, and I'm going to buy a Classpad.
Thus I can judge any categories you want, because I not sure to have enough time to enter the contest.
seana11 wrote:
Tari wrote:
Can a team of multiple programmers submit a single entry? What Merth and I have been working on fits the topic, but it's a joint effort.

I'd have to think about it; I'm not sure whether group projects would imbalance the field.

Any further word on this?
Cartix wrote:
seana11 wrote:

If this proposition was for me, sorry but i'm going to enter this contest with a Classpad Basic program.
But if you want, i can test other program and just give my opinion, without point, if it can help you

If your program is going to be for one category only, you can still judge the other categories Wink
Shock Really, you guys allow that? I always worry a lot about conflicts of interests, even unintentional ones, with that sort of situation.
KermMartian wrote:
Shock Really, you guys allow that? I always worry a lot about conflicts of interests, even unintentional ones, with that sort of situation.

Well Forty-Two said we do, so I guess so.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours