Tap
So I bet you've all been wondering what I've been up to - what amazing game I was working on this whole time. Never mind the fact that I have finals and APs, all that matters is that the community gets more calculator games.

Well today I present...Tap. The goal is to tap as fast as you can before the timer runs out. You get more points the faster you tap, so it's clearly advantageous to tap as fast as you possibly can.

I ended up blistering my fingers, but it felt so good when I finally got that score of 240 (on a real calc, see if you can beat it ^^) Yes, it does have protection against mashing multiple keys.

I've set up a temporary download link here.
That's pretty cool, I like the basic idea of it. And plans to add a party mode (1v1 on the same calc?) or something?
The concept is not amazing, but I think the execution is excellent. Smile I second comic's idea for a party mode; would simultaneously 1v1 be possible? And I hope this will eventually sneak its way into the archives!
Somehow I can see someone thinking/saying

Use the gCn, leafiness....
AHelper wrote:
Somehow I can see someone thinking/saying

Use the gCn, leafiness....
Heh, except maybe *Cn2.2. Wink I wouldn't think sending the keys realtime would be a good idea (although it actually might work fine), but properly chunked or slightly-delayed sending might also work. I think you're onto something, AHelper!
If the source is released, it might use this to test realtime network stuffs in GlassOS (enet)... given that I can port it nicely.
I was thinking about making a party mode too, but then I thought about how you would choose which keys to assign to each player (left/right half of keypad? A select function at the beginning?). I think a gCn linkplay would work - instead of sending each keypress though, just update the score every few fractions of a second might work better. If you want the source to test out anything I can provide it, but be warned it was written in poorly-optimized Axe (10-15 minute job Very Happy)
I've seen this before, though it didn't have a visible timer. I think a cool addition would be "charge bar" sort of thing. Every tap would recharge it, but it would drain faster as time increased. Points would be awarded base on time. Maybe a bonus could be achieved by filling the bar all the way.
This is wonderful and perfectly justifies your months-long hiatus Very Happy
Aww, its in Axe... nevermind about my porting post
Once again, leafy manages to drop our jaws with yet another amazing program. Very Happy

LincolnB wrote:
... and perfectly justifies your months-long hiatus Very Happy

++
AHelper wrote:

Of course you couldn't port it directly, but if leafiness releases the source, you could easily translate the code.
Compynerd255 wrote:
AHelper wrote:

Of course you couldn't port it directly, but if leafiness releases the source, you could easily translate the code.

Or port Axe to GlassOS. Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Tap
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours