zeldaking wrote:
Ehh, eastern coasters. Razz jk. As I said I am fine with either way.
Very Happy It's not an East-Coaster thing, it's an "I coined the name, I get to choose how it's pronounced" kind of thing. Wink
I have always pronounced it correctly (though I kept losing the site because I kept thinking it was "chemetech" or a ".com"). I think it should stay as is though. Part of knowing being literate at all is learning how something is pronounced and then sticking with it. ...And part of knowing English is knowing that this is the case for every other word Razz
Yeah, I used to spell it with a ch at the beginning and I thought it used to be a chemistry site that was converted to a calc site (this was five years ago when I thought this). I've always pronounced it properly, though, because a soft c sounded weird. If it was a çoft c, I would have voted using a ç in the logo Smile
Shkaboinka: Heh, that's a good argument too. Smile English certainly is arbitrary in its "rules"; why shouldn't the pronunciation of Cemetech in English be any different. Xeda: I agree that a circumflex would make the pronunciation clearer, but I worry that the change would be confusing otherwise.
Call me a retard, but everytime I see Chemetech I try to pronounce with a "Ch" (like Cheetah) instead of "K".
swivelgames wrote:
Call me a retard, but everytime I see Chemetech I try to pronounce with a "Ch" (like Cheetah) instead of "K".

What if you see "Cemetech?"
Also, fewer people would mispronounce Chemetech than Cemetech.
When I first saw Cemetech, I pronounced it "Keemtech" or "Seemtech". It felt awkward when I saw one of Kerms videos.
I can't believe that this thread still has new posts in it. Shock Although I suppose continuing to raise the visibility of the fact that there's a correct punctuation is a good thing.
Chemetech??? Yeeeecchhh... Nope, no interest in it sounding like "Chemical" or "Chemistry". I love "Cemetech" because it is unique. I mean, my mother pronounces it "Chem-Tech" and "Kerm Mertian"! No kidding!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours