Sounds like a plan, I look forward to having it here. Oh, I love parallax-scrolling 2D/3D games, so that should be fun too. And I see how the graphics in the Bust-a-Move game are 3D ish, and I always love playing that game too.
gbl08ma wrote:
Also make sure to use the Menu key for quitting instead of Exit. It annoys me that most add-ins and the whole OS use Menu for getting to the Menu, and then some games (like Gravity Duck, Sonic and CubeField) use Exit instead.

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7468

If you want you can use Exit for quitting, just make sure Menu works too and I'll be happy Smile

PS: The Menu key has the (awesome when properly used) function of pausing the code and resuming it when entering the add-in again, as long as no other add-in has been selected meanwhile. This is great because you can turn off the calc, after getting to the Menu, and save the game for later (if you don't want this to happen, I think you can prevent that too).

Yes, you're right, it's better to use GetKey to return to the main menu. But I dislike this function on Prizm because it draws a system banner, changes the color depth, changes the border screen color, and I don't know if it's just on emulator but after returning to my program I have a freezed image of my prog until I press another key. And also, I tested to draw a sprite juste after calling GetKey, and sometimes it's visible before the main menu, so I think GetKey delay the return to menu.

I know I can call Bdisp_EnableColor and DrawFrame just after, but the others points still unsolved.
And I like to free all my allocated buffers before quit ^^
Then don't use GetKey but use the Menu key instead of Exit. What I'm asking for is to use the Menu key, the way you implement it doesn't matter.
PierrotLL wrote:
[...]but after returning to my program I have a freezed image of my prog until I press another key. And also, I tested to draw a sprite juste after calling GetKey, and sometimes it's visible before the main menu, so I think GetKey delay the return to menu.[...]
I have never seen anything resembling that on a real calculator, to be honest. Have you seen it on a hardware calculator?
The freezed image of a program until a key is pressed, yes, it happens, with certain keyboard code implementations. It is easily reproducible with Raptor, Pong, and I think any other Ashbad game where he has used his multiple-key-detection routines. Just make sure to press Menu quickly and you'll see it happen.

Regarding the code-executed-after-GetKey thing, I never experienced it on my CG-20 OS 1.03.
KermMartian wrote:
PierrotLL wrote:
[...]but after returning to my program I have a freezed image of my prog until I press another key. And also, I tested to draw a sprite juste after calling GetKey, and sometimes it's visible before the main menu, so I think GetKey delay the return to menu.[...]
I have never seen anything resembling that on a real calculator, to be honest. Have you seen it on a hardware calculator?
I see this on the following addins (probably for using GetKey()):
  • Checkers
  • Sink
  • Raptor
  • GoL
  • Tetrizm
  • Chars
Not effected:
  • Oblit. - doesn't follow standard menu handling and cannot be paused
  • Clock - Works fine
  • Minesweeper (2)
  • All Casio-provided/built-in addins

Also, @KermM, when you hit Menu, then go back to the add-in, the banner is drawn with the battery icon. This is when it freezes the screen as it waits for a key.
Yet another update. Like gravity duck I took the version from Planet Casio but this time I merged it with an earlier enhanced version I made but never released. I used the RTC to give a more consistent speed regardless of how fast you have your calculator clocked. Try it: https://github.com/ComputerNerd/cube-field-prizm

I think it runs smoother. Also since this was merged with the Planet Casio version it should work on your FX-CG50. Please test it, I will be interested in knowing if it does.
It works very fluidly on the CG50.
Thanks for your work. Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours