I found an awesome map with the key "Indian Banana" (because my wife and I were pulling random lyrics out of "The Circle of Life", and we decided that it could be an advertizement: "[do you want an Indian banana? Do you want an Indian bana-] From the day we arrived...")

... Anyway, it has some awesome caverns and lava holes coming up to the surface, etc., so I just wanted to share it. First I got cheap by digging down at an angle to acquire cobblestone and eventually run into other resources (rather than searching for immediately-visible coal); then I got lucky by having that dip right into an awesome underground ravine; then I got cheap again by locating the spawn point, doing calculating the slope from my deep-underground base to it, and then digging a LONG shallow-sloped tunnel right up to it, and then fencing in all my "base" land on the surface (so if I ever die, I have stuff right there, and can get back quickly).

In the large underground trench, I made four "floors" across it (with holes here and there so that you can see below, and to cause mobs to fall into ... except they no longer do that Razz ), and then explored many of the caves, eventually found out that they connect to eachother, and expanded my "base" to cover a good span of caves which connect a ways before wandering off into the "unknown". I also "simplified" some of the natural tunnels by making some more direct tunnels, removing some "reverse donut-holes", and blocking off tunnels which were either rendundant (excessive loops) or dead-ends (and of course, I leave torches in there so that monsters do not spawn in these sealed "nevermind" spaces). I also wandered off as far as I could in many directions, scattering random torches here and there -- thus leaving MANY places to explore further, with all kinds of resources -- and some TROVES of resources! ... I even made a path to an all new trench! ... I have yet to find any mineshafts of villages, but I did clear out a dungeon.

I keep all my "stuff" behind the Nether Portal in my base. I surround the core parts of my base with stone doors, each with a button above to open them. .... Have fun with it, and maybe we can share finds here? Smile

....Erm, where should I upload it though?
It? As in your map or screenshots?

Screenshots to photobucket or something works, the map. I'm not sure. If you tell us coordinates I'm sure many of us can find it on our own.
If you want to host the map somewhere, I'd recommend some host that's good for big files. You could also just host an SMP (multiplayer) server if you wanted. Sounds like a pretty cool map, though! Also, one of these days you should come visit us in Arcadia.
I have visited arcadia, and I'm more a fan of free-play survival than of having niches etc. ... though I didn't give it a HUGE try, since my computer is slow when I try to play online, and I only completed a bit of the initial quest before losing my connection and then coming back as if I already did it all ... I thought it was kinda cool though, but I'd rather build and explore with people than worry about being attacked where-ever I go (or at least, that was the impression I got about the purpose of the game). It might be fun, but I'm kinda stuck on exploring and building right now. .... Maybe sometime I'll give it another shot if there's still room for all that in the proper place(s). .... For now, I just want to upload my map and have other people see what I've found and what I've done with it (I will look for an upload place) Smile
Well, here it is. Just extract it into your minecraft/saves folder

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours