I am very satisfied! Very Happy Came with a few Apps, and OS 1.14, and I am going (to be safe) update it to OS 1.19 with my teachers computer.
Anywhere good you guys recommend for a USB to calc cable...?
A few things: Garrett is actually showing promising signs of a simple way to turn the extra ram pages not used by OS as user RAM pages. Although, after having looked into it...he is most likely lying.
Are there many differences between ASM for Ti83+ and Ti83+SE?
Do Apps/Programs like Calcsys or XXedit work for the SE? and support the extra flash/RAM pages?
Nice stuff, hope you enjoy it.

As for Garrett using those extra RAM pages, before he sells you his idea made from 98% organic BS, perhaps he could read WikiTI?
There are no differences whatsoever. Any App that works on a TI-83+ also works on a TI-83+SE. I don't know why you're still friends with this pathological liar.
Ashbad, I have absolutely no idea what it all means...although hardware port manipulation sounds..intriguing....>Smile
I just tarted learning memory and data formatting and bitwise operations and working with machine language level registers. So a lot of things are way over my head. Being a fast learner, Iíll be ahead of Garrett in ASM within a month. Then, pretty much everything he says can be judged before I get any BS.
Any tips on preventing wear and tear on a new I/O port?
Other than inserting the cord gently, not putting any sideways pressure on it, and pulling out the cable firmly but straight, there's not much to do as far as treating the I/O port well. I think our point is that he doesn't know anything at all; not one thing you've told us that he's said has been accurate, possible, or anything. Remember, he's the scumbag who claimed to have made Doors CS.

Regarding the cable (the TI Silverlink), I know that office supply stores like Staples and Office Depot used to carry it, but I'm not sure if they do anymore.
Mhmmmm... Youíve probably kept yours for a while anyways. The more I learn, the brighter I seem, bright everyone here seems, and dumber garrett seems.
Recommended greyscale language to program in for games...?
Greyscale language? You might want to investigate Axe Parser.
There is no such thing as a greyscale language. You can accomplish greyscale on the 83+ with xLib, the various greyscale ASM libraires, or Axe's greyscale functions.
Best language for intended use of greyscale support...
Axe it is then.
ASM (for highest grayscale quality possible). But I would advise against starting straight with grayscale with any language (except if you decide to use Axe). Focus on easier stuff and getting used to the language, then venture towards larger stuff. In Axe the grayscale is pretty much done for you so that could be a language of choice I guess to start with, but with xLIB/DCS Basic libraries and ASM, you have much more to do (and in extended BASIC the image data is much larger if you go with 4 level) so be careful to not overwhelm yourself.

Also congrats on getting a 83+SE. I do not remember if this is true, as I have never tried myself, but from what Tifreak said years ago, the 83+SE seemed actually about 0.1 or 1% faster than the 84+. That might be just older models, though.
who the hell is garrett he sounds like a tool
DJ_O wrote:
ASM (for highest grayscale quality possible). But I would advise against starting straight with grayscale with any language (except if you decide to use Axe). Focus on easier stuff and getting used to the language, then venture towards larger stuff. In Axe the grayscale is pretty much done for you so that could be a language of choice I guess to start with, but with xLIB/DCS Basic libraries and ASM, you have much more to do (and in extended BASIC the image data is much larger if you go with 4 level) so be careful to not overwhelm yourself.
Mmm, I'd say that I agree with that. If you're not already a BASIC master, it's not a great idea to move on to a more complex language, and when you do, you should again try out all the basics first, of which grayscale is not one.
I see.... My cable is here and yet it wonít connect. :/
Anyways, this thing rocks. BASIC and I are still finding new things about each other so I guess Iíll just chill with it for a while.
Dapianokid wrote:
I see.... My cable is here and yet it wonít connect. :/
Anyways, this thing rocks. BASIC and I are still finding new things about each other so I guess Iíll just chill with it for a while.
It won't show up as something like a Mass Storage Device, you know. Smile You have to install TI-Connect or TiLP.
KermMartian wrote:
DJ_O wrote:
ASM (for highest grayscale quality possible). But I would advise against starting straight with grayscale with any language (except if you decide to use Axe). Focus on easier stuff and getting used to the language, then venture towards larger stuff. In Axe the grayscale is pretty much done for you so that could be a language of choice I guess to start with, but with xLIB/DCS Basic libraries and ASM, you have much more to do (and in extended BASIC the image data is much larger if you go with 4 level) so be careful to not overwhelm yourself.
Mmm, I'd say that I agree with that. If you're not already a BASIC master, it's not a great idea to move on to a more complex language, and when you do, you should again try out all the basics first, of which grayscale is not one.
Actually I have read in ASM in 28 days that it is generally not a good idea to start learning ASM without knowing a high level language other than TI-BASIC first, but maybe I misinterpreted it. I wonder if this is true?

And yeah the only language in which grayscale is a beginner thing to learn is Axe (since the language is aimed directly at fast-paced developement of graphical games). I only discourage GS in your first Axe projects because the file size gets larger and it's best you work with smaller stuff until you can optimize properly.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement