Sorry another semi-related question. What (programming) language is the game boy games coded in? Is it easily convertable to C? If so someone should be able to make a converter; similair to ti-boy.
zeldaking wrote:
Sorry another semi-related question. What (programming) language is the game boy games coded in? Is it easily convertable to C? If so someone should be able to make a converter; similair to ti-boy.

Well, the problem is that TI-Boy actually emulates the GBz80 processor (and really well; since they're both very similar, for the most part instructions can be executed with a simple exx \ instruction \ exx, or so. With the Prizm, that's probably going to be much harder. The GBA is ARM7 based, and runs at ~18MHz, IIRC. That's a lot harder to emulate, so basically he's going to have to just clone it himself.
Games are coded first in ASM, but later was released a BASiC for GB
Okay that makes sense. Hey Eiyeron if you need any help just pm me what you need to be done so I can help. (I was actually thinking of porting pokemon not to long ago)
Great! I'll think about it! Thanks!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours