"unSAGE`FrGS/DIV Value" And not 'unsafe blahblahblah value"
Eiyeron wrote:
"unSAGE`FrGS/DIV Value" And not 'unsafe blahblahblah value"

I guess my last question wasn't that clear Razz Is your calculator an fxCG-10 model, or a fxCG-20 model? And, just for the heck of extra information, what OS version?
1.03 french CG-20 with English language.
Any more infos?
Eiyeron wrote:
1.03 french CG-20 with English language.
Any more infos?

Nope, that's quite helpful. I have no idea what might be causing this, but until I figure it out, I think that the 26x PLL mult value I discovered is the highest stable one using the PLL circuit. We'll have to see with AHelper's discoveries about the FLL circuit to see if we can sneak past 98MHz fine on all models Wink
I wouldn't even try to do the 101.5 because whenever I press the up button to get to it, it freezes. Just keeping it at 94.3 for now.
Pressing up the button to select 101.5 didn't crash on me (CG20, Portuguese language, OS 1.03) didn't crash, but I didn't press Menu to leave, and honestly I don't feel like rebooting my calc once again today.
I just updated to 1.04 and the unsafe message just becomed correct, nut always freze
with 101.5 my prizm (portuguese, cg-20, 1.03) freeze and show text wrong (like Eiyeron)

if I have it connected via usb to pc, it shows the correct text however freezes
Exactly what mine does also.
Hmm, seems I should take out the 28x multiplier from Pover, it's bringing nothing but trouble from basically everyone... but me? Razz Then again, I'm still using Prizm OS ~1.1, on a CG-10. I doubt that has anything to do with it, though.

Pover 1.3 will have that level removed, I assure you all. But, it will have the ICLK removed for the FLL multiplication ratio instead as well. So, I'll have to test around with it once AHelper gives me his modded version with that in it to see how fast we can reliably go. From what we've both seen, probably just under 100 MHz.
MPoupe wrote:
helder7 wrote:
simon has developed a tree menu library, demo -> http://3wo.zo.sl.pt
Are sources available somewhere ?

not yet! I think it will be available in the next update of the mini sdk/insight

but you can always send a PM to Simon at omnimaga Very Happy

Ps: the old sources for fx9860 is avaliable at the old and dead casio kingdom: http://casiokingdom.org/modules/Downloads/fileuploads/TREEMENU_1_0_3.zip
Can we have a list of OSes that have the issue? 1.1 works, 1.3 doesn't. What about the latest?

@Ashbad, I exploded your source and rammed mine inside it. I will get you the stuff later on.
AHelper wrote:
Can we have a list of OSes that have the issue? 1.1 works, 1.3 doesn't. What about the latest?

Good idea. I have a feeling certain syscalls, when used, cannot handle something that I have changing in Pover.

EDIT: List:

1.1 -- Crashes once you exit the Pover add-in, but can handle it otherwise, it seems
1.2 --
1.3 -- Crashes seemingly fractions of a second after being set
1.4 --

Quote:
@Ashbad, I exploded your source and rammed mine inside it. I will get you the stuff later on.

Explosion? Doesn't sound very clean, or good, rather Rolling Eyes but thanks, you can always either Dropbox it here or send me a link via PM with the Dropbox (please don't use any other file sharing site if possible, most of them I cannot access from the machine I work at).
*AHelper hopes Ashbad has access to sourceforge.net, which AHelper uses for temp downloads

I basically made the enter key change the registers and kick FRQCR. It says Ludicrous Speed when you forced it up much higher. I found that I can get the freq at around 90-100MHz with the multiplier saying 43MHz, so if we can get the OS to not puke and the hardware to stay safe, then Pover can get much faster speeds.

Also, I put an end to the function in the function. (void main(){void update(){}})

g++ didn't like it at all
AHelper wrote:
*AHelper hopes Ashbad has access to sourceforge.net, which AHelper uses for temp downloads

I basically made the enter key change the registers and kick FRQCR. It says Ludicrous Speed when you forced it up much higher. I found that I can get the freq at around 90-100MHz with the multiplier saying 43MHz, so if we can get the OS to not puke and the hardware to stay safe, then Pover can get much faster speeds.

Also, I put an end to the function in the function. (void main(){void update(){}})

g++ didn't like it at all

Oh yes, I can indeed use sourceforge, I didn't know people actually used it for tiny downloads, though Razz

As for those 90-100 MHz speeds... O_O that's impressive. I find your choice of the Enter key to be interesting for the top bit kicking, kind of funny, almost. (I almost want to make a comic about the kick bit, simply because I imagine the kicking of the FRQCR to be like a little short man trying to push a value into it, but it keeps getting stuck, so he has to "Kick it" Laughing)

Anyways, that g++ thing is weird. And finally as for ludicrous speed..

I feel so tempted to put that in Pover for some reason.
Ashbad wrote:

1.3 -- Crashes seemingly fractions of a second after being set

A bit more of clarification:
With USB power, I can set the frequency to 101.5 MHz and, without leaving Pover, it doesn't crash (I can set it back to the level below).
Without USB power, the Prizm hangs (but doesn't show the SYSTEM ERROR popup), requiring me to reboot it manually.

fx-CG20, running OS 1.03, Portuguese language, brightness in level 1 (want more info? Wink )
Ashbad wrote:

Anyways, that g++ thing is weird. And finally as for ludicrous speed..

I feel so tempted to put that in Pover for some reason.

you should have it do that(at least say ludicrous speed go) when you overclock it to 101.5 MHz as you exit.
Hehe, that would be funny, but that would definitely add many KB of uneeded data onto the add-in, which right now is a "small tool" at just over 30 KB.
Seeing this make me want putting memes into all my addins...
I love this reference!
If you can get 90MHz with the freq at 43MHz, does that mean you could theoretically get up to 130MHz+, or am I doing my math wrong? Also, any news on the peripheral clock? Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours