elfprince13 wrote:
Spenceboy98 wrote:
The audio CGPlayer gave me this:



How fine-grained is the control over clockspeed? It would be hilarious to equip CGPlayer with a slider controlling CPU speed.


That would be very trivial to do, actually Smile
elfprince13 wrote:
How fine-grained is the control over clockspeed? It would be hilarious to equip CGPlayer with a slider controlling CPU speed.
Haha, that's a superb idea. Very Happy We have about ten gradations of clock speed, so we could do some fun stuff.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
How fine-grained is the control over clockspeed? It would be hilarious to equip CGPlayer with a slider controlling CPU speed.
Haha, that's a superb idea. Very Happy We have about ten gradations of clock speed, so we could do some fun stuff.


Thanks!
Cool, so the max communication speed of Prizm is now 691200 bps.
Yay with this I (Finally) beat Gravity duck.
Raptor? Where is it?
Eiyeron wrote:
Raptor? Where is it?


What are you referring to, my Prizm game? If so, it's in the Cemetech archives: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7071
Glad to see overclocking now possible. I remember it was attempted soon after the PRIZM came out, but the calc would reset immediately afterward.

I wonder if in the future it will be possible to overclock the calc a bit higher without any problem (although 87 MHz seems to be good so far)?
DJ_O wrote:
I wonder if in the future it will be possible to overclock the calc a bit higher without any problem (although 87 MHz seems to be good so far)?


Nope. the 87MHz we currently have (possibly 88-89MHz with the CPU clock divisor at 1/2x) is the best we've got; but, that's a huge improvement, still.
Yup. You're quite close to TI-Nspire default speed now actually (90 MHz), minus the giant anti-ASM lock that TI keeps fixing every OS update.
DJ_O wrote:
Yup. You're quite close to TI-Nspire default speed now actually (90 MHz), minus the giant anti-ASM lock that TI keeps fixing every OS update.


90MHz, really? I thought it ran at something like 200MHz (or is that with Nover?)
That's with Nover Wink
Did anyone try 3pin communication with another Prizm/fx-9860G? On legacy models, this no longer works if either has been overclocked.
cfxm wrote:
Did anyone try 3pin communication with another Prizm/fx-9860G? On legacy models, this no longer works if either has been overclocked.


That has yet to be tested, but I can poke KermM/Spenceboy or someone else who has at least 2 Prizms to try it out.
cfxm wrote:
Did anyone try 3pin communication with another Prizm/fx-9860G? On legacy models, this no longer works if either has been overclocked.


I tested now with fx-9860 and prizm. Prizm only can transfer files for 9860 at normal cpu speed

with over/under clock, gives error
Nothing would send from one calc to the other when one was overclocked. I'm gonna have to try when both are at the same speed.
Spenceboy98 wrote:
Nothing would send from one calc to the other when one was overclocked. I'm gonna have to try when both are at the same speed.


Interesting, helder/Spenceboy, and please do tell what happens when they're both running at the same clock rate. It seems to make sense why they wouldn't work together at different speeds, though.
DJ_O wrote:
Yup. You're quite close to TI-Nspire default speed now actually (90 MHz), minus the giant anti-ASM lock that TI keeps fixing every OS update.

Small correction, the default speed used to be 90MHz in old OS versions but they raised the default to 120MHz for a while now.
So, I went to see if optimizing the flash would go faster if you OC it. Running at 87MHz and 1/2 divisor, the optimize hangs at the end. Can anyone else confirm? (It did in fact go faster, it is just hanging at the end.. maybe a verify of some sort?)
AHelper wrote:
So, I went to see if optimizing the flash would go faster if you OC it. Running at 87MHz and 1/2 divisor, the optimize hangs at the end. Can anyone else confirm? (It did in fact go faster, it is just hanging at the end.. maybe a verify of some sort?)


Hmm, I tried it and it worked fast as a flash (no pun intended), but that was without the 1/2x ICLK divisor. Perhaps try it without the divisor changed; it seems that changing the CPU clock division ratio has a few nasty effects when using the Prizm for certain things.

EDIT: I'm making an update tomorrow, with allowing the user to overclock to 94.3 MHz (yay!). I can technically overclock to 101.5 MHz now, but the MENU screen crashes at that rate, very ugly-ish. Works fine in a game though, such as RainbowDashAttack (built it, that is).

So, more discoveries made; probably more to be made. We are now almost at the Nspire's Frequency.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 7
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement