Tetrizm is indeed governed by the RTC; it was the most reliable way that I could find to make sure that the piece continued to fall at the same speed regardless of if or how often the piece was rotated or moved side to side. You still find what to be too slow?
helder7 wrote:
whooo, great news!!!

i will test it with the CGplayer jpg based, in this moment it only runs at 2 fps

It's likely it'll only go up to 3FPS, but that's still a 50% improvement Smile Who knows how much faster we can go with ICLK down to a 1/1x division ratio.

EDIT: the lowest possible ratio is 1/2x, and the prizm is set at 1/3x. I'm not going to add CPU divisor control to Pover, since lowering it has no noticeable increase in speed, and putting it lower than 1/4x causes a nasty crash.
If you lower the divisor and increase the scaling, couldn't you get a different set of speeds?
KermMartian wrote:
If you lower the divisor and increase the scaling, couldn't you get a different set of speeds?

I actually just tried it out, but there literally is nothing to be seen at all. At best, you can get maybe 0.5MHz difference by changing the CPU divisor. Plus, the crashes make me feel that changing it anyways may not be smart until we stumble upon more documentation, so there's little to no point in having it Sad
Ashbad wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I actually just tried it out, but there literally is nothing to be seen at all. At best, you can get maybe 0.5MHz difference by changing the CPU divisor. Plus, the crashes make me feel that changing it anyways may not be smart until we stumble upon more documentation, so there's little to no point in having it Sad
Fair enough. So that means at present we have the following speeds available to us?

Code:
            cur = "  87 MHz";
            cur = "  65.3 MHz";
            cur = "  58 MHz (NORM)";
            cur = "  54.4 MHz";
            cur = "  43.5 MHz";
            cur = "  29 MHz";
            cur = "  21.7 MHz";
            cur = "  14.5 MHz";
            cur = "  10.8 MHz";
            cur = "  7.25 MHz";
            cur = "  3.6 MHz";
Nice work! Now development will possibly skyrocket (we should finish our book (; ).
Well, actually, I just noticed a 1FPS increase in Gravity duck with CPU at a 1/2x ratio -- so, what the hell, I'm going to release an update that *only* allows you to change between 1/2, 1/3, and 1/4. Check the archives later, you'll know it's updated because it'll be version 1.1.
ONE MORE FPS! I think we want all this!
As one word of precaution, Gravity Duck actually will crash upon pressing EXIT/MENU when the CPU ICLK divisor is changed. Doesn't seem to happen with other add-ins, though. The PLL Frequency multiplier is completely safe though. Version 1.1 still will have the ICLK changer anyways.
Ashbad wrote:
Well, actually, I just noticed a 1FPS increase in Gravity duck with CPU at a 1/2x ratio -- so, what the hell, I'm going to release an update that *only* allows you to change between 1/2, 1/3, and 1/4. Check the archives later, you'll know it's updated because it'll be version 1.1.

BAM. Acceptified. Good Idea
elfprince13 wrote:
Ashbad wrote:

BAM. Acceptified. Good Idea

File Acceptance, Thankified Very Happy There you go, everyone, the link on the first page now points to the updated version.
Firstly, WOW! A big bump up in Prizm hacking!

I know that I have read that addins that use the RTC are at the same relative speed, but can someone verify that the RTC's frequency is not changed and keeps the same accurate time? (Clock add-in is the easiest, but the calendar seems to be broken)

Is the OC code available for use freely inside another add-in? My game's engine would love to run it's blitting code and physics code faster.
AHelper wrote:
I know that I have read that addins that use the RTC are at the same relative speed, but can someone verify that the RTC's frequency is not changed and keeps the same accurate time? (Clock add-in is the easiest, but the calendar seems to be broken)

Is the OC code available for use freely inside another add-in? My game's engine would love to run it's blitting code and physics code faster.

Of course, I even posted a routine to overclock in the Useful Prizm Routines thread Smile As for how it affects the RTC, it doesn't; I checked out Clock, it runs perfectly the same at different speeds (except super low ones, where the screen doesn't refresh fast enough Razz).
Does this mean that someone can make a GBA emulator? If not, a GB/GBC?
GBA is very unlikely. GB/GBC is now more in the realm of possibility, but who knows, those might be possible without overclocking too.
calc84maniac wrote:
GBA is very unlikely. GB/GBC is now more in the realm of possibility, but who knows, those might be possible without overclocking too.

Very true; the GBA uses a 16.8 MHz 32-bit ARM7TDMI, I would say that would be very hard to emulate even at 87MHz.
The audio CGPlayer gave me this:

Spenceboy98 wrote:

I assume it shouldn't sound that high pitched and fast? Razz If so, that's rather entertaining. If not, interesting music choice.
It shouldn't sound that high or fast. Original Song:

Spenceboy98 wrote:

How fine-grained is the control over clockspeed? It would be hilarious to equip CGPlayer with a slider controlling CPU speed.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours