jet322 wrote:
On my PRIZM cg10 v1.04, whenever I set this to 87 MHz, the calculator freezes, and I have to restart (the button on back)! When I run Gravity Duck, and the new Rainbow Dash Attack, it freezes. D-X It doesn't work well for me anymore. The first release did, but crashes when I turn my calculator on at 1/2 ICLK. HELP? :-\

I find that rather queer indeed, I have never had that problem occur at such a low overclocking speed. I must ask for clarification though; was that with the ICLK set at 1/2, where RainbowDashAttack and Gravity Duck failed, or without it set to anything special?

I'm going to update Pover today to get rid of changing the ICLK manually. It's caused too many problems and it's not stable to mess with.
either way, ICLK set to norm or 1/2. and the Graphing Calculator freezes. Sad
jet322 wrote:
either way, ICLK set to norm or 1/2. and the Graphing Calculator freezes. Sad

Hmm, that's seemingly very weird. I'll be discussing this tonight at HCWP, so I'll see what the others here think; though I think I might already know.
If only we could do likewise on the TI-84...
blue_bear_94 wrote:
If only we could do likewise on the TI-84...

Actually, it's quite possible on the 84+, and is used extensively. http://wikiti.brandonw.net/index.php?title=83Plus:Ports:20
Hello,
I've run it and as soon as I've reached 101.5 mHz, it instantly freezed, and the message wasn't even readable. Then it turned off, and now I can't turn it on anymore, even with the USB connected (it turns on, freezes at the white screen with the circle at the top-right corner, then turns off)

Please help me.

(I have a fx-CG20, OS 1.04, French language)

Edit : I did not touch the others parameters like ICLK.
SylphenS wrote:
Hello,
I've run it and as soon as I've reached 101.5 mHz, it instantly freezed, and the message wasn't even readable. Then it turned off, and now I can't turn it on anymore, even with the USB connected (it turns on, freezes at the white screen with the circle at the top-right corner, then turns off)

Please help me.

(I have a fx-CG20, OS 1.04, French language)

Edit : I did not touch the others parameters like ICLK.

I'm sorry to hear about this, and I apologize that such has happened to your Prizm. Have you tried using the reset button on the back of the calculator at all? And, are you sure that your batteries are not empty?
So, good news: The boot code isn't dead. That means that if your calc's flash chip was nuked a bit, you can invoke the emergency OS update feature. I don't know the key sequence off-hand, but if you verify that reset does nothing, I will get that key sequence.
Batteries are new, so is the calc, I'm sure of it, and that RESTART button at the back won't do anything new.

I've done anything I could do, now if you have anything else like that key sequence... Anything would be helpful by now

Edit : It seems to freeze while trying to reach the main menu, I think that it is booting all the programs, and when it boots Pover (which is set to 101.5) it freezes.
Can't we just try to reset Pover to 58 or something like that ?
SylphenS wrote:
Batteries are new, so is the calc, I'm sure of it, and that RESTART button at the back won't do anything new.

I've done anything I could do, now if you have anything else like that key sequence... Anything would be helpful by now

Edit : It seems to freeze while trying to reach the main menu, I think that it is booting all the programs, and when it boots Pover (which is set to 101.5) it freezes.
Can't we just try to reset Pover to 58 or something like that ?

So in other words, it freezes at the main menu? Are you able to access the system menu?
No. As I said :

"it turns on, freezes at the white screen with the circle at the top-right corner, then turns off"

And this happens when USB is plugged. Otherwise (with no USB) nothing happens.
SylphenS wrote:
No. As I said :

"it turns on, freezes at the white screen with the circle at the top-right corner, then turns off"

And this happens when USB is plugged. Otherwise (with no USB) nothing happens.

I suppose you did put new batteries in? (not trying to be degrading, just checking)
The calc is new, so are the batteries, which were at their maximum before the crash.

EDIT : Oh you gotta be kidding me !!!!!!!!!! I've just bought new batteries and the fact is... THAT WAS THE PROBLEM !

Anyways sorry I bothered you for such an idiotic problem, my bad. And thank you for trying to help me anyways ! Very Happy Welp, see you...
SylphenS wrote:
The calc is new, so are the batteries, which were at their maximum before the crash.

EDIT : Oh you gotta be kidding me !!!!!!!!!! I've just bought new batteries and the fact is... THAT WAS THE PROBLEM !

Anyways sorry I bothered you for such an idiotic problem, my bad. And thank you for trying to help me anyways ! Very Happy Welp, see you...

That's fine, the same thing has happened to me in the past. Smile

Hope to see you around the forums!
I will, I kind of like this site ! Thank you again Smile
I don't know whether this is interesting for you.
I successfully ported Pover to the fx9860 G2 - 2 models; on my calculator ICLK's deafault is 1/4 and I can clock up to 101.5 Mhz without USB and / or crash.
Casimo wrote:
I don't know whether this is interesting for you.
I successfully ported Pover to the fx9860 G2 - 2 models; on my calculator ICLK's deafault is 1/4 and I can clock up to 101.5 Mhz without USB and / or crash.

Confirms my idea that the Prizm draws too much power too be able to run at 101.5 MHz without external power (or that its power circuits just suck when compared to the new fx9860's).
Hi,
Could somebody explain to me what ICLK is?
Thanks!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours