I have a question about Pover. When you turn the Mhz up does this effect the clock, meaning it now runs faster, so it isn't real time? I am wondering if this will effect the clock that AHelper had made.
zeldaking wrote:
I have a question about Pover. When you turn the Mhz up does this effect the clock, meaning it now runs faster, so it isn't real time? I am wondering if this will effect the clock that AHelper had made.

Nope, the PLL circuit change has no effect at all on the RTC, so the clock application should be good (and I also tested it to be sure, and it was fine Wink)
The CPU clock seems to affect the clock for the CPU, peripherals like RAM, the SIOF (of course), USB (of course), but not the Real-Time Clock (RTC). So we're all good.
Umm... a quick question: Why is it that when I set the ICLK (whatever that is) to 1/2 it freezes when it turns on? Confused If only someone can fix that but still keep the ICLK feature. Very Happy
Hmm, that is strange I set mine to 1/2 and it worked perfectly fine, I even played gravity duck in this setting, although I don't know if it made any difference. What version of Prizm (10,20?) also what OS do you have?
zeldaking wrote:
Hmm, that is strange I set mine to 1/2 and it worked perfectly fine, I even played gravity duck in this setting, although I don't know if it made any difference. What version of Prizm (10,20?) also what OS do you have?

I've OS 1.04 fx-CG10, and it's not when I play, it's after I turn it off then once I turn it on, all I see is a white screen (with, of course my border) and it just stays like that. (~87MHz at 1/2 ICLK)
Here I will try it....
Yeah it does the same for me. I think it has something to do with turning the calculator on, (booting up) that the 1/2 ICLK effects. We will have to ask Ashbad though.
Edit:
Yeah I am pretty sure it the 1/2 ICLK that is messing it up, because regardless of the speed it is messed up (white screen) when set to the 1/2 setting.
Yeah, the ICLK causes some mayhem when it's changed to 1/2x division ratio. I would say for now, don't touch it, until I remove it and replace it in the next Pover.
What about the other ICLK fractions? Are those still safe?
Yes, I tried all other combinations and they are fine, just don't mess around with them (unless you know what they do).
What about the ones faster than 1/2?
I don't think you can set it faster than 1/2, I think ther is only the: 1/4, 1/3 (norm), and 1/2. I am assuming they would be also unsafe.
Remember that for those problems only being noticeable after turning on (the white screen problem described before), you can check if it has something to do with the Casio logo being displayed at shutdown (although I doubt it). You can call PowerOff(0); in your code if your libfxcg is already updated, or use my Lock add-in after disabling the "Show Casio logo at turn off" setting.

In my opinion all that PowerOff(1); does is showing the Casio logo and owner info and turn off after a timer - but since I'm not sure, and there might be other things to take into account...
jet322 wrote:
What about the ones faster than 1/2?

Literally impossible. You can go as low as 1/72x, but I get crashes with anything below 1/4, so I only allow that as the minimum. That being said, I'm really not sure anymore if ICLK really affects speed at all, so it's definitely being taken out.
Yeah I don't think the ICLK effects the speed at all, I tried the different combinations and played Gravity Duck to see the FPS and the all stayed the same, sometimes it was up by one or down by one. But overall the ICLK doesn't effect the Mhz.
Any updates? Ashbad, have you figured out the 101.5 without crashing?
zeldaking wrote:
Yeah I don't think the ICLK effects the speed at all, I tried the different combinations and played Gravity Duck to see the FPS and the all stayed the same, sometimes it was up by one or down by one. But overall the ICLK doesn't effect the Mhz.
This may not be a good way to tell if the divisor has any effect. iirc, the LCD can only be updated at a set speed. I think we need a CPU benchmark addin to see how fast it works. I can try a benchmark based on Huffman compression and decompression and compare the times.
Hmm, this is pretty interesting Very Happy
Should really look for a prizm.
aeTIos wrote:
Hmm, this is pretty interesting Very Happy
Should really look for a prizm.
Yes, you really should! It's a very fun platform for which to program, and there's a lot of fun hacking going on with it right now.
On my PRIZM cg10 v1.04, whenever I set this to 87 MHz, the calculator freezes, and I have to restart (the button on back)! When I run Gravity Duck, and the new Rainbow Dash Attack, it freezes. D-X It doesn't work well for me anymore. The first release did, but crashes when I turn my calculator on at 1/2 ICLK. HELP? :-\

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours