It mem error after ~150, the color after 102, and the mesh after 121...
Ashbad wrote:
If you want, I can test around later to find the safest, highest number of steps that don't cause a crash (on the current version), and report them here, so you can add a catch if any higher numbers are entered and say something along the lines of "TOO HIGH A NUMBER FOR FIELD".
That would be greatly appreciated. I knew there would be a bug up in high numbers there, but I hadn't actually checked wherein the bug would occur yet.

Eiyeron wrote:
It mem error after ~150, the color after 102, and the mesh after 121...
Wait, what do you mean? The colors are wrong above 102 steps, but it still renders, the mesh is broken and the colors are wrong above 121, and above 150 a memory error finally occurs?
Wow nice program KermMartian, definitely useful for my school studies. Although there are bugs present but i am sure it will be fixed . the rate of development here have gone fast from the last time i visited lol. I have been busy doing my exam and i just finished them. my mission now try all the add-in for prizm
king601 wrote:
Wow nice program KermMartian, definitely useful for my school studies. Although there are bugs present but i am sure it will be fixed . the rate of development here have gone fast from the last time i visited 0x5. I have been busy doing my exam and i just finished them. my mission now try all the add-in for prizm
Great, I look forward to seeing what you think of them all! Yes, the CAS has bugs, but I'm working with AHelper to get the new version of gCAS2 ship-shape, which will resolve the issue and speed the add-in up.
I will get around to working on programming later on. My level of activity here will drop for the next 2-3 weeks due to school, but I will get at least one function completed in gCAS2 as well as help migrate the addin to use the new parser.
AHelper wrote:
I will get around to working on programming later on. My level of activity here will drop for the next 2-3 weeks due to school, but I will get at least one function completed in gCAS2 as well as help migrate the addin to use the new parser.
If you have one working function, I can hopefully read your code well enough to figure out the rest. Smile
Yup. Look at the latest svn commit and you will see the start of the function code. Don't use it just yet as I need to modify standard parameters to allow modification of the root node of the function. For example, sqrt(8x^2) will need to modify the root node so it can return 2x*sqrt(2).
AHelper wrote:
Yup. Look at the latest svn commit and you will see the start of the function code. Don't use it just yet as I need to modify standard parameters to allow modification of the root node of the function. For example, sqrt(8x^2) will need to modify the root node so it can return 2x*sqrt(2).
Ooh, that sounds quite complex, but also awesome. Smile I'll poke around in the current SVN.
AHelper wrote:

I don't know programming but sound exciting because it will bring 3d graphing to full potential . Also it will hopefully bring CAS to prizm and with these two fully functional add-in by the end of summer , I guess we can say bye bye to expensive ti-ncspire cx cas
Well, you should already have said goodbye to the expensive TI-Nspire CX CAS, in my opinion, but your point stands first. Smile Yes, I'm very hopeful that AHelper's excellent work will not only allow Graph3DP to be quite a powerful tool, but will bring us an excellent symbolic CAS as well.
KermMartian wrote:
Well, you should already have said goodbye to the expensive TI-Nspire CX CAS, in my opinion, but your point stands first. Smile Yes, I'm very hopeful that AHelper's excellent work will not only allow Graph3DP to be quite a powerful tool, but will bring us an excellent symbolic CAS as well.

Here in Canada nspire cx cas cost $200 Cdn dollar which is equivlant to US dollar as well. For this price , you might as well get mathlab or mathmatica student edition which both of them are powerful software Cool
I believe your dollars might actually be worth a little more than our dollars more. Smile What do you do with your calculator? Use it for math, science, engineering? Do you have any standardized tests that you need it for?
Has there been a new version released yet? I have not been able to tell by the previous posts...
Yes, is there any progress on Graph3DP? As far as I can tell, no new versions have been released since the first post.

Probably Kerm is very busy with other projects and/or real life, as usual Smile
Kerm is very busy with both of those things: it's the end of the semester for me, so as a Teaching Assistant I have a lot of duties, a lot of students to help, and a lot of classes to teach. I am also wrapping up the writing of Programming the TI-83+/84+, completing the frontsmatter and getting all the files in order, so I'm busy with that. I've barely had time to do much work on any project of my own, including my semi-semi-work-related Beaglebone investigation or even much on my official work Oolong project. The other bottleneck here is that AHelper is extremely busy, and is still re-factoring functions in the new gCAS2 parsing code. I'll see if I can get to it soon, though, as I'd love to get this program finalized and less buggy sooner rather than later.
*bump* Just to let you all know, Graph3DP is now back in active development, and I hope to have Beta 2 to you all soon. Some of the improvements that I've made so far:

-- Integrated the new gCAS2, with fixed functions
-- Lots of interface improvements and cleanup
-- Added zooming via the Zoom menu and the [+]/[-] keys
-- Repaired a few equation/number input glitches
-- Added alternate graph-coloring mode
-- Implemented Trace with lots of extra features
-- When multiple equations are graphed, single-key toggle between graphing single equations and all together.

Before Beta 2:
-- Fix graph centering when asymmetric window extents used
-- Work out the math for and implement correct rotation
-- Add frustrum culling to avoid some incorrect graph artifacts
Wow, this is looking like its going to be a really full-featured 3D grapher! Can't wait for the next release Smile
Woo! Is it still wireframe only? (Hopefully still colorful Very Happy )
AHelper wrote:
Woo! Is it still wireframe only? (Hopefully still colorful Very Happy )
It is still wireframe-only, but super-colorful! I don't plan to switch away from the wireframe mode, at least for v1.0. I'm even still debating adding the parametric mode, although it would of course be great. Here's the latest screenshot teased in today's news article:

Are you planning to add free-moving and trace cursors as well?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours