Yes, that seems reasonable.
zeldaking wrote:
I actually think File Management should go after Your First Game, I question if you'll need files with a simple game (pong doesn't). Other than that it seems good.
I think that "your first game" should definitely not be so complex that it needs files, even for something like high scores. That can get added later after you have the basic game established.
KermMartian wrote:
zeldaking wrote:
I actually think File Management should go after Your First Game, I question if you'll need files with a simple game (pong doesn't). Other than that it seems good.
I think that "your first game" should definitely not be so complex that it needs files, even for something like high scores. That can get added later after you have the basic game established.

I'm warming up to that suggestion; I'm probably just going to put it afterwards now (probably right after it, though). As for an update, I should be able to get Section 3 mostly done today, and zeldaking seems to be at least 25-30% with Section 2.
I think Section 5 should be switched with section 7.
I am thinking that a game/program that uses files should be introduced in the new section 7, after teachiing about files later.
Not much has happened with this the past few days, but I'm hoping to get full section on simple libfxcg routines (section 3), SuperH assembly (section 9 or so), game examples (section 6 or so), file management (section 7 now), and useful routines and their uses (section 4 or 5 or something) done. I think I can speak for zelda and I that we're both incredibly busy right now Smile
Is this tutorial going to be posted on WikiPrizm?
flyingfisch wrote:
Is this tutorial going to be posted on WikiPrizm?
I certainly hope so! That would be a perfect place for a tutorial in my opinion. Smile
I'm hoping to get permission to host a copy on TI-Freakware as well. Plus, it'd help get me further into programming C on the prizm Smile
tifreak8x wrote:
I'm hoping to get permission to host a copy on TI-Freakware as well. Plus, it'd help get me further into programming C on the prizm Smile

Of course, TIFreakware and PrizmCemetech will definitely both be allowed a digital copy Smile
Ashbad wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

Of course, TIFreakware and PrizmCemetech will definitely both be allowed a digital copy Smile

Would you give a digital copy to Prizmwiki.omnimaga.org?
Ashbad wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

*WikiPrizm, mirroring the WikiTI for TI calculators. Wink FFisch, I didn't think anyone was really maintaining Omnimaga's Prizm wiki anymore, since everyone at Omnimaga has abandoned the Prizm.
KermMartian wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

*WikiPrizm, mirroring the WikiTI for TI calculators. Wink FFisch, I didn't think anyone was really maintaining Omnimaga's Prizm wiki anymore, since everyone at Omnimaga has abandoned the Prizm.

Did that happen while I was offline?
There isn't much Prizm activity on Omnimaga, but it's not true that everyone has abandoned it. Anyway, there are almost no edits being done on Omnimaga's wiki other than a constant flood of spambots. I've been trying to delete them and their pages, but I've been getting a backlog recently. I think moving all of the useful information to Cemetech's wiki would be a good solution, but some pages don't work well because WikiPrizm doesn't seem to support references. Do you think it could be added, Kerm?
JosJuice wrote:
There isn't much Prizm activity on Omnimaga, but it's not true that everyone has abandoned it. Anyway, there are almost no edits being done on Omnimaga's wiki other than a constant flood of spambots. I've been trying to delete them and their pages, but I've been getting a backlog recently. I think moving all of the useful information to Cemetech's wiki would be a good solution, but some pages don't work well because WikiPrizm doesn't seem to support references. Do you think it could be added, Kerm?
I would be more than happy to; I actually was surprised to discover that it wasn't an in-built MediaWiki feature. Sad
Indeed, I have a list of sources for articles I still need to reference on there (mostly Renesas resources) but can't yet because of that missing ref feature.

And indeed, Omnimaga's Prizm Wiki is essentially dead, with most information copied to the Cemetech one already. Either way, I would never feel too keen about allowing it on their wiki, but that's just me and another issue.
PDF it so you can put it on nook's and Kindles and other reading devices.
krazylegodrummer56 wrote:

We probably can, it wouldn't be more than a few clicks to do so. We have it on Google Docs, so we just would have to "Download as PDF", and then upload it wherever.
Ashbad wrote:
krazylegodrummer56 wrote:

We probably can, it wouldn't be more than a few clicks to do so. We have it on Google Docs, so we just would have to "Download as PDF", and then upload it wherever.

Awesome I would love to read it and learn C for the Prizm. Can't wait for release.
Update:
Yes, Ashbad was correct I have been very busy.
I have completed Section 1 and Section 2 and will possibly look into another section. We have been very busy, sorry for the wait.
I'm also very interested by this tutorial.
Good luck to finish it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours