I want to suggest one tiny little thing for your logo before we let go of the subject. I noticed that earlier, your logo looked more swirly like this:
Quote:

and later yout logo was more linear, like this:
Quote:

I just want to say that I kind of like the swirly (first) version better than the second version and that if at all possible, you should get that one back. Smile
Ok, got my two cents in... carry on!
Oh, I definitely agree on that. I do indeed like the swirlyness, but the edges ruin it for me. Smile
well... he *in theory* under highly conceptualized ideals that could on rare occasions happen, fix them...
Shock

[insert dramatic soap opera music here]bum-bum-BAAAAAA!!!!![/music]
bspy: hehe, thanks for the input, however I have decided code first, icon later. So once I get a decent beta version, I will go back to the icon. Razz
*sigh* fine...
haha, that's probably a good idea. Good luck on the program!
Some things:
1. I want to warn you, in 16bit mode, the color ranges goes from 0 to 32 for Red and Blue, and 0 to 64 for blue.
If you want to make Xth gray, you'll have to set RGB to X,2X,X
2.I was thinking too in a similar project. I could give to my functions: I have too a circle, and a filled circle routines (even it's just Wikipedia copy-pasta-fiddling)
3. PierrotLL did a custom font text routines for Gravity Duck, sure you can take a look!
4. Maybe export/import in bmp would be easy, other types use compressing...
5. You could add too an .C export, in source code!
6. Magnifying, and sprite edition would be epic for projects!
7. And if you feel it, try designing a palette mode, for example, Gravity duck's sprites are only 16colors per sprite!
And to finish: Good Luck with your project, I would be thankful to do some sprinting on-calc
Error on build...

Code:

C:\PrizmSDK-0.3\projects\Paint>..\..\bin\make.exe clean
rm -f -fr build C:/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/Paint/Paint.bin C:/PrizmSDK-0.3/project
s/Paint/Paint.g3a
C:\PrizmSDK-0.3\projects\Paint>..\..\bin\make.exe
sh3eb-elf-gcc   -mb -m4a-nofpu -mhitachi -nostdlib -TC:/PrizmSDK-0.3/common/priz
m.ld -Wl,-static -Wl,-gc-sections  -LC:/PrizmSDK-0.3/lib -lfxcg -lgcc -o C:/Priz
mSDK-0.3/projects/Paint/Paint.bin
C:/PrizmSDK-0.3/lib\libfxcg.a(crt0.o): In function `main':
(.pretext+0x50): undefined reference to `_main'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [C:/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/Paint/Paint.bin] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2
C:\PrizmSDK-0.3\projects\Paint>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Did I do something wrong?
May i see the content of the file with has the Main function?
Okay how do I include my "data.h" file?
like this?

Code:

#include <data.h>

When I do this it tells me "data.h: no such file or directory", what now?
Also, more errors, specifically the "CopySprite" and the "For" loop, something to do with gnu99 or c99.

Code:

C:/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/Paint/src/Paint.c: In function 'CopySprite':
C:/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/Paint/src/Paint.c:49:4: error: 'for' loop initial decla
rations are only allowed in C99 mode
C:/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/Paint/src/Paint.c:49:4: note: use option -std=c99 or -s
td=gnu99 to compile your code
C:/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/Paint/src/Paint.c:50:7: error: 'for' loop initial decla
zeldaking wrote:
Okay how do I include my "data.h" file?
like this?

Code:

#include <data.h>

if you have the file data.h in project directory, you need put a full patch to data.h like:

Code:
#include <C:\Users\HELDER\Desktop\PrizmSDK-0.3\projects\paint\data.h>

or simply copy data.h to \PrizmSDK-0.3\include

and you can use

Code:

#include <data.h>
no, if it's in the "/src" directory of the project, you can just do:

Code:
#include "data.h"

and it'll work.
#include <data.h> means file is in \PrizmSDK-0.3\include
#include "data.h" means file is in the same folder as the actual file.

About error :
Code:
C:/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/Paint/src/Paint.c:49:4: error: 'for' loop initial decla
you have wrote a loop like for(int i=0 ; i<n ; i++)
This int declaration into a for loop is allowed also in C99. So, juste declare your var before the loop.
PierrotLL wrote:
This int declaration into a for loop is allowed also in C99. So, juste declare your var before the loop.

Or, even better, add "-std=c99" to your CFLAGS variable in the Makefile, and then it's considered legal to use C99 standard language features Wink
KermMartian wrote:
zeldaking wrote:
I have noticed it is really bright, meaning it stands out. The rest of the icons are a little dull colored, which is not a bad thing.
That's true. You could always turn down the saturation a hair if you wanted (in GIMP, Colors -> Hue/Saturation). Of course, you'd only want to adjust the color-wheel layer, not the black or gray background.

For testing reasons I put it on a real Prizm, not the emulator. It looks loads better on calc, the colors are dimmed down quite a bit. So yeah...
Ashbad wrote:
PierrotLL wrote:

Or, even better, add "-std=c99" to your CFLAGS variable in the Makefile, and then it's considered legal to use C99 standard language features Wink
Yup, that's what I do in all of my Prizm makefiles. It works a treat, since I love using C99-style loop variable declarations.
Yeah much better the c99 declerations are much easier. I wrote some code.. now I can move the cursor arrow around the screen. My sprite is being dumb though. Replicating itself twice, and adding a black box underneath it. I will figure it out. I will have time starting Monday to actually start coding for real, so hang tight for a few days.
Ask us if you need help; you're probably either using the sprite routines wrong or not properly erasing the sprite when a mouse movement event is occurring.
when will the beta be released??
KermMartian wrote:
Ask us if you need help; you're probably either using the sprite routines wrong or not properly erasing the sprite when a mouse movement event is occurring.

It was doing that before I added the movement code. :/
@Krazylego: When I get enough done Razz no set date.
ok thanks for the info

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours