Im sorry because this has nothing to do with the topic, but can someone make Pacmam for the prizm? (I just made an account and I dont know how to start a new forum) sry
I've fixed that for you.

For future reference, go to the forum category you wish to create a topic in, and click this image. Which you can also find when browsing a topic, like this one. But that's only valid for the forum category inside which you wish to create a topic in.

If you have an interest in programming, we can definitely help you make it! Otherwise, an avid member here may take up your request or already know of a worthy port/program.
Thanks for the topic split, comicIDIOT; I appreciate your vigilance and help. Yronsparks, first of all, please Introduce Yourself when you get a chance, and did you notice the SAX chat over on the left side of the screen? Secondly, a Pacman game would be great, but I'm afraid no one has made one yet. Would you, as comicIDIOT asked, be willing to learn to write one yourself?
comicIDIOT thanks a lot for the reply! I will introduce myself on the INTRODUCE YOURSELF. And kermMartian, I would really want to write Pacman. The only problem is that i'm am a definite beginner. I know nothing about making games. I'm trying to learn. Do you have any advice on where I should go to learn about making programs? Thanks!
Yronsparks wrote:
And kermMartian, I would really want to write Pacman. The only problem is that i'm am a definite beginner. I know nothing about making games. I'm trying to learn. Do you have any advice on where I should go to learn about making programs? Thanks!
Well, first you need to decide whether you want to learn BASIC, C, or both. When you say you're a beginner programmer, do you mean a newbie to Prizm programming, or to any sort of programming? If you've never really done much programming of any sort before, I recommend you start by learning Prizm BASIC.
KermMartian wrote:
Yronsparks wrote:
And kermMartian, I would really want to write Pacman. The only problem is that i'm am a definite beginner. I know nothing about making games. I'm trying to learn. Do you have any advice on where I should go to learn about making programs? Thanks!
Well, first you need to decide whether you want to learn BASIC, C, or both. When you say you're a beginner programmer, do you mean a newbie to Prizm programming, or to any sort of programming? If you've never really done much programming of any sort before, I recommend you start by learning Prizm BASIC.

If you want to make pacman, though, you would want to either:
a) use Homescreen-only(the drawing functions are too slow to run pacman at any decent speed Razz)
b) not use prizm-basic.

Also, if you want to learn Prizm-basic, I would recommend the WikiPrizm, hosted right here Wink
WikiPrizm does indeed have an excellent and growing compendium of Prizm BASIC commands and tokens, but it doesn't really have a step-by-step tutorial to learning the language (yet). I'd recommend my TI-BASIC book, but unless you have a TI calculator on which you can practice, it's slightly less applicable. I think one of the Casio websites has a topic containing lessons and examples.
I'm also creating a Pacman for Prizm. But as it's my first C Prizm projet, it may take a long time.
I have already did it on FX and i'm porting it on Prizm.
KermMartian wrote:
WikiPrizm does indeed have an excellent and growing compendium of Prizm BASIC commands and tokens, but it doesn't really have a step-by-step tutorial to learning the language (yet). I'd recommend my TI-BASIC book, but unless you have a TI calculator on which you can practice, it's slightly less applicable. I think one of the Casio websites has a topic containing lessons and examples.

A good step-by-step tut can be found here: http://www.casiocalc.org/index.php?showtopic=2448
flyingfisch wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

A good step-by-step tut can be found here: http://www.casiocalc.org/index.php?showtopic=2448
Ah yes, that's the one that I was thinking of. Thanks for linking that. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours