» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
The base was underwater. I have the location marked in case you want to go there.

Gold, there wasn't much. Probably sold to the banker.

Moving the raiding chests will be as much fun as I had moving chests out of that base :-\

<edit>

I added another sand/gravel generator so I get stuff twice as fast now Very Happy

<edit>

Since we have a new wall section being built, except my public chests to be full of stone bricks, pine wood, torches, and wood half-slabs. I added a third room for bulk storage in the furnace area. I will add a lower floor later on (probably for furnaces).
I shall both except it and expect it. If I were to hop on as peredur and re-permission the wall plots so that you could work on the walls, would you be interested? Smile
I've decided to set up a 'welcome package' for any new Arcadians, as I've already discussed with Marudok and Pizzaboy...
This will include some Iron tools, food, cobble and torches(the rough draft being in the chest in front of my house) that should prove useful to any players who have just joined. I will be completely funding this package from my own stocks, so there will be no drain on our resources Wink
Turiq, thanks, great idea! Would you help us identify non-idiot player from the new recruits that might be good Arcadians? I finally have a Silk Touch pick, so I am wondering what you guys think of a single column of all the ores on the two sites from the front gate. Classy or tacky? Also, I think we should (gradually?) demolish the sand dune in front of the gate that hides it.
I'll give it a try, but it might be hard to find good players who aren't already part of a town...

Also, congrats on your silk touch pick, I'm currently trying to gain enough XP to make another one. Additionally, the other enchants are not to be underestimated, especially Unbreaking(It lasted about 3 times as long as my unenchanted pick)
I'd better leave the aesthetics part to you guys, though. After all, just look at the top of my house Razz

And I agree, the sand dune needs some work, I'll get on it when I have time. However, I likely won't have a lot of time in the next few weeks- I'll be out of town...
Yup, I have a pair (well, only one left now) of Unbreaking IV / Fortune III / Efficiency III picks that have been great for both materials and mining. Getting 16 diamonds out of 6 ore is truly awesome. Have fun on vacation! I agree that it will be hard to find good players; I would just look for people that don't seem completely inane in chat, since new users are joining all the time.
I still have level 0 Sad

I am running out of things to add to my house now. I am overflowing my chests with resources (dear god... sand and gravel), making bread at insane speeds, and now even writing books. :-\

Oh, the public room will expand eventually.
I know this is dumb. But. How could I connect to this Cemetech server?
Which one? There's the Arcadia 3.0 backup and the new Server which is home to Arcadia 6 or so.

Either way, the latest server is one.yogiverse.com, it's on Page 4 or something.
CalebHansberry wrote:
I know this is dumb. But. How could I connect to this Cemetech server?
The internal, Creative Cemetech server is whitelisted. For the one we're talking about, join one.yogiverse.com and ask for KermMartian, Pizzaboy, Cheesejerk, AHelper, Turiqwalrus, Marudok, or any Arcadian.
What is the "Creative Cemetech" server?
CalebHansberry wrote:
What is the "Creative Cemetech" server?
It's a creative server I run where I have archived a lot of the projects I have made by myself and with friends in the one year plus a bit that I have played the game. A few of the Arcadians are on the whitelist, but because I don't have all of the important structures worldguarded, I don't open it up publicly.
(Survival server since gamemode= in server.properties is set to survival)

Also note that it is 1.2.5 until it gets upgraded.
AHelper wrote:
(Survival server since gamemode= in server.properties is set to survival)

Also note that it is 1.2.5 until it gets upgraded.
Well yes, that too, but only because I don't want people to rampage around with lava in case they get onto the server accidentally. See also: Mojang's failures at creating a secure/effective user authentication system.

Edit: Ahelper, would you mind reproducing your extra protective wall in the other tower, if you have a chance? Smile And thanks for your continued help with the gate.
You still have yet to give me permissions :-S I am also going to post screenies using a new texture pack Smile

<edit>

Oh, my god. Epic texture pack alert!

This pack has special textures given to diamond/gold/iron/etc blocks to show up as wires, computer racks, paper boxes on racks, cardboard boxes, ventilation ducts, and more. You can find it here: http://www.minecrafttexturepacks.com/the-end-is-extremely-nigh/. Even if it isn't a normal pack, it will make for some really epic creative maps.

<edit>

FYI, you can power redstone vertically with no delay by using half slabs for the gate.
Very cool, if slightly over-specialized, texture pack!

AHelper wrote:
FYI, you can power redstone vertically with no delay by using half slabs for the gate.
I know it, but I decided to exploit the delay so that people have time to get in front of the gate after pressing the button to go through when it opens.
I find the delay for the open too big and the close delay way too small. That's the only reason why I suggested the half-slabs.
The server is now on 1.3.2 (or 1.3.1, whatever). It's back to vanilla PvP; no more Heroes for now. We've been building and raiding, and are now a 100-plot (100-chunk) town, covering 25.6 square kilometers or 25,600 square meters. Be sure to come build and fight with us! I'm just raiding a wilderness town made, according to the signs, by RoryLaing123, VIRTUALNESSs, and probably others. I got:

:: A full inventory of coal
:: A full chest of cobble
:: 931 blocks of iron and 5 ingots, or 8384 total ingots (plus assorted ore)
:: 169 gold ingots and 7 gold ore
:: 89 diamonds
:: 2 emeralds
:: ~50 pieces of iron armor
:: 23 iron swords
:: 38 pieces of miscellaneous diamond items, mostly swords
:: Redstone, torches, glowstone, food, buckets, an enchanting table, bookcases, and just about everything else!

Town was at (-3956, 329); I might keep my home there to deliver a crushing blow to the "town" members when/if they reappear. Smile
Dang, pretty good on both counts!
comicIDIOT wrote:
Dang, pretty good on both counts!
Thanks, I'll also try to post screenshots and/or videos of the town as it is currently. We have big walls, a big gate adorned with silk touched ores, two giant skyscrapers, automatic melon/mushroom/pumpkin/reed farms with an automatic elevator and auto-restarting timers, residents are building a bunch of great-looking houses, and more. Smile If you have a bit of time, you should stop by and build a house.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours