This should hopefully eliminate most of the confusion regarding the usage of the Prizm SDK. To use it, place the .exe outside the PrizmSDK-0.3 folder. Everything should work except for creating new projects.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3601919/PrizmSDKGUI.exe
What an awesome idea! Would you care for an icon for that, or do you have it under control? Where will it show compilation logs/errors?
It should display a cmd window containing the compilation output, but I might be able to filter that to separate warnings from errors and to make it look better. I have no idea of what I should use as an icon, so feel free to give me suggestions or post your own icon here. Smile
It can now create new projects. Smile
souvik1997 wrote:
It can now create new projects. Smile
Great! Out of curiosity and my own sanity, what sort of dependencies/requirements does this have?
It has no dependencies other than .NET 4.0 and the PrizmSDK 0.3.
souvik1997 wrote:
Excellent! What more do you want to add before you'll consider it ready for a release of some sort here?

It groups the compilation output into errors and warnings. I think it should be ready for an official release now, so I'll be uploading it into the archives.
Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3601919/PrizmSDKGUI.exe
excellent! Smile
Great work, Souvik! This will make it a lot easier on PrizmSDK newcomers (I'm sorry to say I won't be using your interface, I've gotten too used to how I setup my toolchain already), and on the more experienced developers who have to constantly help out the newcomers with setting things up. I especially love the new compile and output errors dialog, very spiffy. As for improvements, I noticed that the application goes into an unhandled error sort of thing when you try to Edit Makefile without being the the proper location (PrizmSDK not found). And for cool suggestions, since the Makefile format will likely stay mostly the same in future build toolchains, perhaps have a graphical makefile editor, where you simply fill in fields like the output .g3a name, localized names, icons, etc., as a newbie option?
I should also mention that you can now grab the latest version of the GUI Wrapper for the PrizmSDK from the Cemetech archives. Smile How well does this work with arbitrary makefiles, such as the ones I've made myself to deal with the fact that the built-in Makefiles don't work with paths that have spaces?
It should work, since it just runs make.bat which runs make.exe. I have not tested this, though.
I got the error when I tried to compile something.
Quote:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\PrizmSDK-0.3\projects\example\PrizmSDK-0.3\projects\testing'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.SetCurrentDirectory(String path)
at PrizmSDKGUI.Form1.button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.261 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
PrizmSDKGUI
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/PrizmSDKGUI.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.276 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.261 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
You probably didn't put the executable in the right location, or I failed at my directory manipulation code. Put the exe outside the Prizm SDK folde; if you have the PrizmSDK unzipped to C:\PrizmSDK-0.3, put the .exe in C:\. If that doesn't fix the problem, I'll look over my code and see if I'm doing anything wrong.

Edit: Try this version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3601919/PrizmSDKGUI.exe
Run it from the command line, and if it still gives the error copy and paste the "Attempting to change directory to" line and post it here. Which OS are you using?
Nice idea, it makes the PrizmSDK more user friendly.
Is there a linux version of this?
flyingfisch wrote:
Is there a linux version of this?
I believe that since it's written in C#, that it's compatible with Mono? I'd appreciate confirmation from Souvik1997 and/or Merthsoft (or another C# expert), though.
souvik1997 wrote:
Thus, Mono 2.8 or newer. May also need to rename some files (add .exe).
Unless Mono lets you run .bat files, my program will not work under a non-Windows OS.
souvik1997 wrote:
Unless Mono lets you run .bat files, my program will not work under a non-Windows OS.

It would work with wine and dos-box though, right?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours