This is pretty much just a cross post from Omnimaga, for anyone who's interested.

This is a project, in Axe, for the TI-83/84+SE series of calcs. It's going to be a paint editor similar to/based off of mspaint (the regular paint program that comes with windows), bundled with a text editor.

The Paint program will most likely have the following graphics functions:

Lines
Squares/Rectangles
Custom Polygons
Different size brushes
Circles
Ovals
Flood Fill
Up to 4-level grayscale

and also other things, such as rectangular and free-form selection with copy/paste, invert, resize, rotate, etc.; some form an eraser / mass erase function; different levels of zoom; in-program sprite editing and inserting, and other features I can think. It will probably end up as a single-page app, that exports one or two 768 byte appvars that can be used as buffers in programs.

The Text Editor will have copy/paste, custom input as fast as I can make it (within reason), text selection, deletion, and insertion, a find/replace function (maybe) and as many lines as I can fit in the meager memory I have access to (compression help appreciated). It will also export to an appvar that will be able to be converted into a regular .txt file.

So far, I have the Paint part working great, I just need to add an Undo function and appvar import/export and I'm basically set.
Sounds cool, buttsfredkin. Do you have any screenshots or a download link?
I'll have some screenshots and a download link to the current edition of the source and executable probably later today, or tommorrow.
Very nice. I invite you to upload a beta of the program to the Cemetech archives, if you'd like, and I also would love to see screenshots.
Ok, unexpected delays are abounding. Just know, the project is coming along nicely, and I'll get screenies and source going as soon as I can, and as soon as I think I'm ready.
buttsfredkin wrote:
Ok, unexpected delays are abounding. Just know, the project is coming along nicely, and I'll get screenies and source going as soon as I can, and as soon as I think I'm ready.
Sounds great, and I'm glad you're being realistic about releasing screenshots and beta versions when they're ready instead of trying to rush it. Smile
Well, em...this is basically dead. I started writing this at a point in my life that I wasn't exactly a good programmer (not that I'm fabulous now, but I was using really ham-fisted ways of dealing with non-repeating key input and the like). I'm not particularly interested in re-writing the thing from scratch, so if anyone else likes the idea here, feel free to run with it.
Heh, major change in programming skills in 6 months, eh? Wink I'm sorry to hear you'll be setting the program down, but I respect your opinion. One of these days someone will finish a Paint program for the TI-83+/84+ series...

*Kerm glares at Elfprince about iPaint and its unfinishedness.*

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours