Ashbad wrote:
To be fair, I on the contrary am no longer a "Brony." I find much of the community to be increasingly immature and aimless as time progresses; there are large factions that oppose and hate each other endlessly, there are those that take the premise of the show FAR too seriously, and then there are those who simply give the whole collective a bad name.

Of course, the show is becoming increasingly excellent as time progresses, and I am still definitely enjoying watching it every Saturday. I thought the Season 3 premiere was incredibly weak, but every episode in the season since that has been spectacular.

So, I simply refer to myself as a "Ponyfan," or "A person who simply just likes watching the show." No need to be a "Brony" to enjoy a TV show.

"Ponyfan" - that's a good word for it. I would like to know, though - what do you mean by people who take the premise of the show far too seriously? Can you give an example? (I'm afraid I might be one of those people...)
Compynerd255 wrote:
"Ponyfan" - that's a good word for it. I would like to know, though - what do you mean by people who take the premise of the show far too seriously? Can you give an example? (I'm afraid I might be one of those people...)

I highly doubt you are, unless you're spending hours a day debating pony-related affairs online with strangers, or happen to have a pony plushie on your bed with a well-used hole between its legs.
Ashbad wrote:
Compynerd255 wrote:

I highly doubt you are, unless you're spending hours a day debating pony-related affairs online with strangers, or happen to have a pony plushie on your bed with a well-used hole between its legs.

You're describing two different and very separate parts of the fandom there. One is harmless if annoying, the other isn't allowed within 1500 feet of a school...
[quote="DShiznit"]
Ashbad wrote:
You're describing two different and very separate parts of the fandom there. One is harmless if annoying, the other isn't allowed within 1500 feet of a school...

They're both actually harmless; however, I find them both to be things I would not like to associate with, and therefore would call myself a "Ponyfan."
What would you call someone who goes on Pony chats and asks uncomfortable questions about pony society? Questions like, "are there pony morticians, whose 'special talent' is to stuff and bury the dead? If so, what would their cutie mark look like, and how could they ever be excited to get it?"
DShiznit wrote:
What would you call someone who goes on Pony chats and asks uncomfortable questions about pony society? Questions like, "are there pony morticians, whose 'special talent' is to stuff and bury the dead? If so, what would their cutie mark look like, and how could they ever be excited to get it?"

I have yet to find to find a person who would ask somewhat intriguing questions like that -- most of the ones I hear are a lot less interesting, and show a bit of obsessiveness.
Ashbad wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

I have yet to find to find a person who would ask somewhat intriguing questions like that -- most of the ones I hear are a lot less interesting, and show a bit of obsessiveness.

Well I got banned from the pony steam chat for asking questions like that. Well, that and a series of questions on where ponies poop and who cleans it if they make a mess(another depressing 'special talent' for a pony to discover they have).

Had I not been banned, I would have continued elaborating on this line of questioning, asking if there are pony suicide interventionists to keep the ponies with really depressing jobs from offing themselves.
DShiznit wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

Well I got banned from the pony steam chat for asking questions like that. Well, that and a series of questions on where ponies poop and who cleans it if they make a mess(another depressing 'special talent' for a pony to discover they have).

Had I not been banned, I would have continued elaborating on this line of questioning, asking if there are pony suicide interventionists to keep the ponies with really depressing jobs from offing themselves.

I've actually been thinking about that lately, and part of me thinks that that's what blank flanks are stuck with - they don't have special talents or were never able to find them, so they reasoned "Someone's gotta do it" and started stuffing bodies. That would make the plight of Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Bell ten times more dire - if they don't find their Cutie Marks before they leave school, they'll have to be stuck with the jobs that no one wants.
Or, perhaps those ponies have special talents that are completely useless in a job field, but totally useful when they come home to their families.
I also find it interesting that ponies are born with names that perfectly describe them as individuals, even though those names are given far before anyone knows what that pony would actually act like in life.

i.e., FlutterSHY, Rainbow DASH, SCOOTaloo, etc.
Ashbad wrote:
I also find it interesting that ponies are born with names that perfectly describe them as individuals, even though those names are given far before anyone knows what that pony would actually act like in life.

i.e., FlutterSHY, Rainbow DASH, SCOOTaloo, etc.

Well, it is creative license after all (you need names that are easy for viewers to remember and identify). But it could also be a statement on how well you can predict a child's traits - physical and behavioral - based on those of the parents, especially since those names were given them by their parents. I was about to theorize that perhaps ponies give "official" names to their children after they've lived a few years (like how the Chinese give "milk" names to their babies upon birth, then give them formal names later on), but the episode with the Cakes' babies disproves that.
How many episodes of season 3 have been out? I need to watch season 3. Very Happy
cjgone2 wrote:
How many episodes of season 3 have been out? I need to watch season 3. Very Happy

We're up to seven, at the moment, with the most recent one being 'Wonderbolt Academy'
turiqwalrus wrote:
cjgone2 wrote:

We're up to seven, at the moment, with the most recent one being 'Wonderbolt Academy'

Which was a pretty good episode. I'm unfortunately putting everything against S03E06 for comparison, which really was the best episode yet -- which means all the others don't seem as great in comparison.
Look! A wild Cemetech pony in its natural habitat!
Spenceboy98 wrote:
Look! A wild Cemetech pony in its natural habitat!

Nice. See if you can cartoon-ize the Cemetech thunderbolt a little more so it looks like it's part of him.
This is better:
Although I (almost) never go in this topic, I must admit that that's quite clever.
KermMartian wrote:
Although I (almost) never go in this topic, I must admit that that's quite clever.

Ha. Thanks. Razz
So, season 3 ended yesterday, with Twilight getting her wings. While I don't particularly care for this development, the episode still featured a phenomenal selection of songs, with 6 in total(if you don't lump together the one reprisal)

Who actually likes Princess Twilight? Sure, I'll accept it, but it's still a bit off-putting, to be honest.
Well, I found the episode pretty cool, of course it was kinda short, but apparently there's a cliffhanger (confirmed on Twitter it's apparently a 3-parter). As in, what happens now that Twilight became a princess? I guess lots of interesting development will happen in season 4.

I like this, actually.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 12 of 13
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours