Hi all, I am currently making a Solitaire game on the Prizm. It is in basic, but if I get around to coding C it will be a possibility to port.
So far I made the random deck generator in about 30 min of messing around. This is all on the graphscreen, so I am using F-line which isn't very fast. Also made is the spots where the Aces go. I don't have a Prizm emulator so I will probably have to take a picture of it. THIS will get done, before my spring break... in 3 weeks.
Edit:
I have a question, with the 90 trial Prizm emulator could I take screen shots of this program?
zeldaking wrote:
I have a question, with the 90 trial Prizm emulator could I take screen shots of this program?

Indeed; in fact, you can right click on the emulator screen, and a popup screen will let you actually copy the image quite easily.

And of course, good luck! Smile
Well how do I put my program into the emulator, it already is on the pc. I tried dragging but it wouldn't work.
zeldaking wrote:
Well how do I put my program into the emulator, it already is on the pc. I tried dragging but it wouldn't work.
I haven't used the emulator, but I think you need to select the Memory option on the main menu and then press F3.
Aye, it's something like Memory, Import, then it will pop up the Choose File dialog box. If you have a real Prizm, you can also use the Screen Receiver program. Good luck with this project, I look forward to seeing how it turns out!
Can the emulator only take screen pictures, or can it take screenshots (.gif)
Success! Screen pictures...
Home screen:

In game shots:

Edit: Sorry about the bitmaps, I changed it to Png files
I'm impressed! Pretty spiffy looking, I like how you made the graphics look (somewhat) like real cards, especially the colors used. Smile
Thanks, as shown above I just finished the code for the draw deck (where you flip three over) and after flipping through the whole deck it reverts back to dotted lines, signifying an empty pile.
Did you notice the top of the card, it is ZK, meaning Zeldaking.
Any other suggestions?
Heh, I love that ZK touch; didn't even notice it before Smile though I did indeed see the deck flipping, which seems pretty cool. For now, I can't suggest much until I actually play it, but perhaps you could add some sort of Vegas Solitare scoring, possibly as an optional game mode?
You might make the background green Wink would make it look better with only a little bit of work.
aeTIos wrote:
You might make the background green Wink would make it look better with only a little bit of work.

Keep in mind, the color Green on the Prizm when used in BASIC is a bright, vibrant green, not the green seen on a dealing table. It's more like this type of green:

[giant advertisement removed] EDIT: everyone says it was an advertisement but to me it was just a picture of the color green Sad wonder why.

Except, even greener. Probably too green to look any good, and in fact may kill some cones and rods.
Is there no other green? D:
Also the green I see in that pic is no green, it's an ad.
I messed around with the green, trust me it looks better with a white background. Razz If you are really observant you might have noticed that when the drawn card is red the arrow is red, and when it is black the arrow is black. I am debating if 12 bytes of code is worth changing that.
I am thinking when you win some cool effect is shown, but I can't think of any. Like in the Windows version the cards fly everywhere. If anyone can come up with a good idea, PM me (so everybody doesn't know), and your name will be in the credits.
@ Ashbad: I was actually thinking about some scoring such as; number of moves, maybe time. Another mode would be cool.
Thanks for all the kind words.
Edit: Woot! I am almost done with a playable beta version. Probably tuesday.
I think that the 12 bytes is worth it for the colored arrows, and I would love to see bouncing cards on a game over. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
I think that the 12 bytes is worth it for the colored arrows, and I would love to see bouncing cards on a game over. Smile

Very much agreed; even if it were 120 bytes, it'd definitely be worth it. There's enough memory to store programs on the Prizm, that 12 bytes is the least of your troubles Wink
KermMartian wrote:

Remember this is in basic, bouncing card graphics would be pretty slow. Smile
Big update. As of now, you can select cards and set them in the aces pile (if it is the next number). After you flip through the whole deck you can flip it over to start again. Another update: haha the arrow stays black. Also you can select cards in the pile.
Need to do:
-Erase/draw cards after moving them
-Able to stack cards
-Add the win screen
-Release beta
-Optimize
-Maybe different modes
-Scoring (# of moves and time)
-Credits (me)

Comments, concerns?
Edit:
Because of arisen hardships (ie. work) the beta might not be realesed untill later this week, after I polish it up.
I hope this is still moving along well. I have no particular concerns or comments as of yet, but I'm looking forward to giving this game a try. And you're right; I didn't really think about how slow bouncing cards would be. ;(
Hehe, its still being worked on. I just completly did some overkill coding though. Could cut it down by 5000 bytes. Hehe. Sorry it is taking longer than thought. Ughh Prizm basic is slow Sad (slower than ti- basic)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours