I'm making binutils for a cross-compiling setup, but I can't get past ./configure It won't work even without the options for a cross-compile:

Code:
[sean@Deep-Thought build-binutils]$ ../binutils/configure
Configuring for a x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu host.
Invalid configuration `x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu': machine `x86_64-unknown' not recognized
Invalid configuration `x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu': machine `x86_64-unknown' not recognized
Unrecognized host system name x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.

Not sure what's going wrong. I'm following all the instructions from OSDev's Cross-Compiling Guide.
Are you running on fedora?

What is your host gcc version, and what versions are you trying to compile with?
graphmastur wrote:
Are you running on fedora?

Oh, sorry, I forgot to add versions for everything:

Fedora 16,
Using this version of gcc to compile: gcc version 4.6.2 20111027 (Red Hat 4.6.2-1) (GCC)
Using this version of binutils to compile: Version : 2.21.53.0.1
Compiling this version of binutils: binutils-2.22
What GCC version are you compiling?
The version I compiled: 4.3.2 from 4.2.1 and binutils 2.19.1.

I think 4.3.2 works best with the prizm, IIRC.
graphmastur wrote:

Doesn't matter. I can't get past binutils at this point. For all binutils cares, I might not even be compiling gcc.
seana11 wrote:
graphmastur wrote:

Doesn't matter. I can't get past binutils at this point. For all binutils cares, I might not even be compiling gcc.

In which case, force the --host option with something usable. What that is, I don't know for fedora.
graphmastur wrote:
seana11 wrote:
graphmastur wrote:

In which case, force the --host option with something usable. What that is, I don't know for fedora.

Thanks. It seems that config.guess is guessing the wrong host... I'm not sure what to put for the host option, though

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours