soooo... right now im using my chumby8 web browser, so please pardon my grammar! and im NOT good at using onscreen keyboards. sorry 'bout that! so i was wondering if any of you programmers know a code to write a barcode generator in casio basic. like you enter a number, and it will generate a barcode based on that number. and also look nice, like the one for ti84+ thanks in advance for help! Very Happy
Well, it seems to me that you need a few things:

1) Decide which of the UPC codes that you want to use. 1D, 2D, UPC A, UPC B, etc. Wikipedia has information about 1D barcodes, or UPC codes and 2D barcodes, or QR codes.

2) Understand the math that translates a product number, string, or other information into the pattern of black and white lines (or black and white squares) for the barcode type you choose.

3) Write a program to use the Casio's graphscreen to draw that barcode type given some input from the user.
Thanks for your quick reply, Kerm. I need help doing all 3. I know how to draw on a graph screen, I'd like to use UPC (universal). Although, QR does seem more useful, it'll be a little more complex. I'm trying to make the program (somewhat) simple. Thanks for the help, still need more though. I had it on my TI84+ and like I said, he retired. I'm trying to focus on my Prizm now. Soooo... Yeah, any help appreciated. Very Happy
Help doing what? Do you have code for us to look at? Where are you in the process? We can't just give you the code that you want. Have you looked at the one on the 84+ to try to understand what it's doing? Have you done any more research on how it works? Have you attempted to understand the math? We need specifics.
First off, Thanks, Shaun for responding. Second, What I need to start is the code for the one on 84+, but in plain text. Graphing Calculator
Do you have the one for the 84+? You can use either SourceCoder (for and online solution) or TokenIDE (for a desktop solution) to get the code as a text document or similar.
Well, I don't know how much more help I can offer you other than to have you understand how each digit gets translated into a pattern of white and black lines, and then try to implement that. Smile Any more and I'd be doing the program for you. Please of course let us know if anything is still vague or if you get stuck.
Thanks, Kerm for all your help! Graphing Calculator
Several months ago, i planed to make a QR codes generator.
It is near finished, but i don't want to steal your idea.
So do you mind if i release my QR code generator ?
Hasn't this been done before? Oh, wait, casio basic.
Purobaz wrote:

I would say you're not stealing his idea if you already planned to make one months ago. Besides, we can never have too many barcode generators. Wink
Purobaz, you will not steal any idea! I saw some time ago on the Planet-casio, you went to do one.
Purobaz wrote:
surely, you must release the program, for I will be looking forward to it. there can never be too many barcode generators! besides, mine was just for playing around with. yours might actually have some usefullness to it. btw sorry I took so long to respond, and I very much appreciate the consideration! by all means, please go through with this program as mine will not even be released to the archives. like I wrote, it was just for me to play around with for fun. good luck, Purobaz! Very Happy
Indeed, I see no harm in seeing as many great, completed project out there as possible. Smile And I'm sure you might each get inspiration and impetus to work on your own version from seeing each other's. Smile
I spent a lot of time on this projet to fix all the bugs, but this is a beta of my QR code generator : link
This program is just for fun, in fact it is too slow to be useful.

I've used this tutorial to make it.

Feel free to ask me if you want more technique details about this program or about QR codes.
Great job, Purobaz! I shall try it soon.
I think I might try this for my first C project...
Purobaz wrote:
I spent a lot of time on this projet to fix all the bugs, but this is a beta of my QR code generator : link
This program is just for fun, in fact it is too slow to be useful.
That looks great, Purobaz! Out of curiosity, have you tried scanning the Prizm's screen to see if a QR reader will indeed read the code off a real Prizm's screen? Smile
I haven't tried scanning the real Prizm's screen, because i haven't any smartphone, but i have tried on the computer.
I have used the manager and the QR code can be read on a screenshot.

By example you can try with the screenshot in the archive, which reads QRCODE GENERATOR BY PUROBAZ.
This topic does nothing but attract spambots, so I am closing it. If you're interested in following up on Purobaz's work, and want to create a barcode generator of your own, please start a new topic to discuss it.