In the 3587 days since I first published a program on ticalc.org, I'm proud to say that my author profile has reached the milestone of 900,000 program direct downloads, and likely many tens of millions of indirect downloads from users sharing my programs. Over the years I've gotten less comfortable posting these sort of announcements in news articles, but you can see previous reports for 700,000 over three years ago, 500,000 over five years ago, and 400,000 six and a half years ago. Sadly, the pace of downloads has decreased over time, but this is a ticalc.org-wide trend as students have moved on to playing games and using programs on their smartphones. To my amusement, my YouTube channel where I publish videos of Cemetech and community projects and games has been accruing views at a fantastic rate, to the tune of 400K; along with an amusing mix of congratulatory and mind-blowingly ignorant comments, Calculator Networking with 9 Calcs: Doors CS 7, CALCnet, and Flourish has accumulated over 100K views.

In more widely-relevant and pressing news, Cemetech Contest 8 ends at midnight EST (GMT-5) tonight, so you have precisely eleven hours to finish and email your entries! Remember to include a readme and source code. Late entries will not be considered. We have received seven entries thus far, so if you think you've submitted your entry, please confirm with us that we have received your entry. Otherwise, hurry up! Don't wait until 11:59pm. Good luck to all the contestants. We plan to judge the entries and release results in about a week, although in the past school and life commitments have proven detrimental to such attempts.
I got bad news, I don't think that I can really enter, as I won't finish my program. I am somehow atm not more so much interested in calc programming.... Sad
Sorunome wrote:
I got bad news, I don't think that I can really enter, as I won't finish my program. I am somehow atm not more so much interested in calc programming.... Sad
Do you have something partially finished that you can submit as a demo, at least? Or no?
yeah, I have, I'll enter that then. Smile
Sorunome wrote:
yeah, I have, I'll enter that then. Smile
Excellent, I look forward to your email, then. And what's demotivating you from calculator programming? Other sorts of programming, life, or what?
I don't know what's demotivating me....I guess I'm a bit stressed 'cause of school at the moment.
EDIT: And I'm sad that on knex-related active webpages there is nearly no reply to me ball machine... Sad
Sorunome wrote:
I don't know what's demotivating me....I guess I'm a bit stressed 'cause of school at the moment.
EDIT: And I'm sad that on knex-related active webpages there is nearly no reply to me ball machine... Sad
Aww, sorry to hear about the latter. I certainly can understand school-related stress; I hope that it drives you to excel in your academics.
Hmm, I was meaning to do something for this. I guess we'll see how long my computer architecture homework takes, and if I can whip something out between now and then.
elfprince13 wrote:
Hmm, I was meaning to do something for this. I guess we'll see how long my computer architecture homework takes, and if I can whip something out between now and then.
Hurry! You should totally write a quick entry!
Congrats on the huge milestone Kerm!
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Side note: I clicked on all of those, and almost froze my computer. haha.
Sounds like you mean a new computer, then. Unless perhaps you're saying you're the one who downloaded my programs 900,000 times and viewed my videos 400,000 times? Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Side note: I clicked on all of those, and almost froze my computer. haha.
Sounds like you mean a new computer, then. Unless perhaps you're saying you're the one who downloaded my programs 900,000 times and viewed my videos 400,000 times? Very Happy

No, that was supposed to be at the external power supply thread.. No idea how it got in this thread.
I wonder what percentage of the entries will be submitted within the last hour of the contest? From experience with contest I ran, until the last two hours, only about 2-3 entries get submitted.

Hopefully when judging is done we can give them a try too. Very Happy

Also congrats Kerm on getting to 900000 downloads and closer to join the million downloads author list. Very Happy
Yay contest! I entered Futility.
Thanks DJ_O. Surprisingly, I had six of the ten I now had by midnight last night, four received today, and I know of at least three people currently working on or completing touches on their entries.
Kerm,

You realize that you're less than 100K downloads short of making it to the all-time top 10 author with most downloads and that you're currently the 3rd most downloaded author in the past week? Shock
DJ_O wrote:
Kerm,

You realize that you're less than 100K downloads short of making it to the all-time top 10 author with most downloads and that you're currently the 3rd most downloaded author in the past week? Shock
I am indeed. Smile Since I'm the 11th top author of all time, and I consistently am better than the 11th top author of the week, I'm slowly creeping up the charts. Thanks for noticing!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours