helder7 wrote:
anyone can make their own icons and compile the application, because it is open source

How did you change the text at the top to MENU PR instead of MAIN MENU?
flyingfisch wrote:
helder7 wrote:
anyone can make their own icons and compile the application, because it is open source

Yeah, and what is the add-in "Helder"? Confused
flyingfisch wrote:

in settings (languages)

jet322 wrote:

Yeah, and what is the add-in "Helder"? Confused

its a my project under dev Wink
So you must speak French or Portuguese Smile "MENU PR" didn't even look strange to me, I'd just like to know why they didn't put the whole sentence in Portugese and French. In Portuguese it would be "MENU PRINCIPAL"...
helder7 wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:

in settings (languages)

number one how do you acssess the area to do this?
and number two when I open CGplayer I get "file read error". can someone help.
krazylegodrummer56 wrote:
and number two when I open CGplayer I get "file read error". can someone help.

Did the older version (CGPlayerA) work for you ?
Just to be sure: did you store some music as demo.wav (mono, 11 KHz, 8bit format) to the calc's flash storage ?
gbl08ma wrote:
So you must speak French or Portuguese Smile "MENU PR" didn't even look strange to me, I'd just like to know why they didn't put the whole sentence in Portugese and French. In Portuguese it would be "MENU PRINCIPAL"...

I'm also portuguese (eu também sou português)
MPoupe wrote:
Just to be sure: did you store some music as demo.wav (mono, 11 KHz, 8bit format) to the calc's flash storage ?

What do you mean by CGPlayerA(can't open .rar files) and how do you sore music/what type of music?
krazylegodrummer56 wrote:
MPoupe wrote:

What do you mean by CGPlayerA(can't open .rar files) and how do you sore music/what type of music?

you need convert a music for this format -> wav (mono, 11 KHz, 8bit format)

and past the demo.wav in your calculator
MPoupe, any new progress since CGPlayerB?
An example of how it sounds like on the calculator:

http://djomni.57o9.org/prizmlaportedusoleil.mp3

Original song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0900Fni4ng
Spenceboy98 wrote:

No and yes. Wink
I tried direct COM pin access, but I got only some noisy in which I was not able to detect the music at all.
So now I know, what doesn't work Smile
MPoupe wrote:
Spenceboy98 wrote:

No and yes. Wink
I tried direct COM pin access, but I got only some noisy in which I was not able to detect the music at all.
So now I know, what doesn't work Smile
As in writing the UART pin states directly? Can I assume that you can still only succeed in writing to one of the two data lines? Smile
MPoupe, have you figure out how to make it come out of both ears? Or you just don't want to mess with that until it's perfected?
Spenceboy98 wrote:
MPoupe, have you figure out how to make it come out of both ears? Or you just don't want to mess with that until it's perfected?
It's a technical block: we don't currently know how to turn the second line of the serial port into an output instead of an input, or if it's even possible. The TI calculators have two bidirectional serial lines, which is how we've created a lot of our musical tools like mobileTunes. The Casio calculators have what appear to be two unidirectional data lines, one input and one output.
Oh, well I hope you guys figure it out.
Spenceboy98 wrote:
Oh, well I hope you guys figure it out.
I hope so too. If we can't find any clues, it might just turn into a brute-force search of the I/O virtual address space with an oscope attached to the output lines.
A trick to have sound come out in both ears is to not fully insert the cable into the calculator jack. If inserted in a particular way, the sound comes out in both speakers. However, I'm unsure if it's safe to do that, since I do not know much about electronics...
I bet it's also possible to use a mono to stereo converter.
Spenceboy98 wrote:
Not tried yet.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours