AHelper wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:
What would be cool is to have the time on the main menu, on the upper right hand side. That would probably require an OS hack though.

o_O I was think about doing the same thing, but not on the main menu. Trapping the calls that draw the header and putting the time up there could happen, but I don't know if a modified OS has been sent to the prizm yet.

SimonLothar says he is working on that. He is trying to make a font hack for prizm with NO SERIFS! Very Happy

(Sorry, casio, I just really don't like the prizm's font. I like everything else about prizm, but not the font. )
I too find the normal-size system font really ugly, mainly the letters (numbers in Run-Matrix are OK). I think the font is too big for a screen with this resolution, and enforcing it in things like eActivity isn't good either.
I even feel the system font of the 9860s and older Casios is nicer than this one (the screens had less resolution, too).

But let's get back on topic Smile

AHelper: do you still plan on adding a stopwatch to your add-in? In my opinion, it's something that makes all sense to add.
Are you still working on this? I am getting some weird gray numbers in the April 2012 page.
The clock on the prizm seems to be very accurate. It has not lost or gained any time since I installed the addin.
flyingfisch wrote:
Are you still working on this? I am getting some weird gray numbers in the April 2012 page.

Since 3D graphics is making me work on Prizm stuff again (sorry, gCAS2, I am on break), I will fix this issue and possibly add in more features.
Features like adding events? Smile
probably stuff like a stopwatch. Events, maybe
AHelper wrote:

Oh. I was looking forward to events and reminders. Are you going to try to do them in the long-term future?
flyingfisch wrote:
AHelper wrote:

Oh. I was looking forward to events and reminders. Are you going to try to do them in the long-term future?

Reminders, like timers? For right now, you can't have the addin run in the background. Events, sure, that can be done, but will need a bit of work to be easy to use.
No, i don't mean running in the background. I just mean that when you open the addin, if you set reminders on, then it tells you if you have an upcoming event.
any updates?
flyingfisch wrote:
any updates?
The lack of updates is my probably my fault for forcing him to work on gCAS2 for the sake of Graph3DP. Smile I too am interested in updates, though, if anything is forthcoming.
Updates will be happening since I am now working 100% on the Prizm. (I rotate between working on Prizm experimenting, addin writing, gCAS2 stuff, GlassOS work, and PC projects)

I will try to add the following features in
  • Stopwatch. Start the addin, change to the stopwatch view, start it, run another addin, check back in the clock addin, the timer will still run* (So long that the RTC unit's time isn't changed by another addin. Changing the time in Clock will not affect the stopwatch)
  • Fix that horrible bug in the calendar's numbering system.
  • Today's date will stay marked even when you move your cursor.
  • Add in a year view
  • Look into calendar events
  • Save the last position in the addin when you quit it. If you were looking at a date in the calendar when you closed it, it will jump back to it when it is reopened. (toggleable)
  • Change the key handling so you can do Shift-AC and such.
  • Make the SET TIME inputs easier. I will use the syscalls more rather than manually doing key stuffs.
Thanks for the status update, all of the features are great additions but I must say I'm more excited with calendar events (or at least the fact that you're going to be looking into adding them).
This is definitely something that will have to finally move full-time to the Prizm I use for general math and gaming (as opposed to the dev-centric calculator). Be sure to keep us posted as you investigate and implement the planned features, and thanks once more for your diligence in keeping WikiPrizm up-to-date.
No problem. I just finished watching the Olympics for tor today and have been poking at Clock some more.

Themed clocks: I will let you choose between 3 different clocks, the standard one that shows the date and time (current) as well as two analogue clocks. I will only be adding in line-based h/m/second hands for now. I may allow actual hands drawn, but I will need a routine to rotate an RGBA5658 sprite.

Currently: I have the clock code set up so that you can change clocks, but I don't have code in to draw the 2 new clocks.

Year view: I will let you pull up a year view as well as the month view.

Currently: Redoing the key loop to allow different modes.

Events: Events will come in two types: events that stay on one month and events that stretch multiple months. Events will be highlighted on the month and year view. You can view events on a specific day. Each event can exist in a category. Each category will be given a color and a dot will show up on each day that has an event in that category. Limited amount of colors due to screen space.

Current: No progress yet. I will store events that can change often in the main memory and static events in the storage memory (static as-in events marked as archived or holidays).

Stopwatch: I ran a test in another addin and it should work just fine, display-wise.

Current: Menu option there, no code yet.

I will just update this post on progress, so check back here.

<edit>

Reworking the menu system. I am using a dedicated menu handling system instead of nasty nested switch blocks and stuff. Menubars are 1-bit pictures now. Before: 97KB After 1-bit: 47KB I will be adding in compression (not OS-done, custom huffman compression) for menubars and the clock images. I will have to remove the clock code from int main() so I can handle switching between all 3 states.
It's amazing how much progress you make in so little time. I love the way you plan to approach events. The stopwatch will be useful in chemistry and physics classes (and that makes me wonder why Casio doesn't add such things by default, specially when the RTC seems very accurate!).

One more thing: what about a countdown? Since there's no beep, it could flash the screen when it finishes in order to be noticed... just an idea Smile
Actually, Casio did add it in by default. They added in many syscalls for dealing with the RTC. Maybe they planned to use the functionality in an addin.

I can try to do a count-down. I can change the Frame color to red when it goes off (maybe flashing it).
AHelper wrote:
They added in many syscalls for dealing with the RTC. Maybe they planned to use the functionality in an addin.

That is consistent with the fact that I found some messages in the OS (for the PrintXY2 function) that seem to be related to clock settings. There's at least one which I recall being something like "[F3]: Time settings" or "[F3]: Hour settings" but I can't find them anymore.

Is there a chance that the RTC syscalls are used in ECon2, for adequate sampling at regular intervals (it is the only part of the OS that seems to use the RTC for something... perhaps the "Low battery, please replace" message uses it too)?
If it said "F3", then it could be in the system manager. Page 2 has F3 available. It would be amazing if someone could search the OS for that syscall with that parameter for the time and find something.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours