In Appendix C of "Programming the TI-83+/84+", I mention a number of resources. I have reproduced the links to each of the resources here for quick reference.

Programming and Project Help and Discussion
:: Discussion subforum for this book
:: Discussion for TI-BASIC topics
:: General list of discussion forums

:: TI-Planet: French projects and programming help
:: TI-Freakware: TI-89/83+/84+ help and tutorials
:: Omnimaga: TI-Nspire/83+/84+ programming help
:: Maxcoderz: Inactive site focusing on z80 ASM

Tools and Emulators
Emulators
:: jsTIfied: An online emulator written in Javascript. Emulates the TI-83+ and TI-84+ calculators.
:: WabbitEmu: An emulator that runs on your computer, also emulates the TI-83+ and TI-84+ calculators.
:: PindurTI: A more accurate emulator, and has four linked calculators, but you need to memorize all the keys.

IDEs
:: SourceCoder 2.5: An online TI-BASIC IDE, connected to the jsTIfied emulator. Also can turn .8xp into text source code and vice versa and can convert lists, pictures, matrices, and other files.
:: TokenIDE: An offline TI-BASIC IDE, also includes a sprite editor plus appvar and picture support.
:: Doors CS SDK: A complete z80 ASM assembly toolkit for TI-83+/84+ calculators. Works well with the Notepad++ text editor.
:: WabbitCode: Part of the WabbitEmu project.

Link / Transfer Software
:: TI-Connect Texas Instruments’ official software, used to transfer files and take screenshots.
:: TILP II Community-made linking software that works on Linux, Windows, and Mac OS.

Downloads and Tutorials
:: ticalc.org archives
:: Cemetech archives
:: Texas Instruments downloads
:: Tutorials at TI-Freakware
I'm not sure how benryves would feel about Maxcoderz being defunct. It still looks functional to me! There are even posts from this month.

Thanks for including Tokens :3. Though, it also has a picture editor and AppVar support.
Maxcoderz seems to phase in and out of defunctitude
elfprince13 wrote:
Maxcoderz seems to phase in and out of defunctitude
That's my feeling as well. I'd basically claim that Revsoft and Maxcoderz are at or close to defunctitude, sadly.
Defunct means no longer existing or functioning. Maxcoderz is still existing and functions perfectly. It's not busy, but it's there.
merthsoft wrote:
Defunct means no longer existing or functioning. Maxcoderz is still existing and functions perfectly. It's not busy, but it's there.
I believe there's a secondary sense of the word that essentially means it's there but inactive. Perhaps inactive is the word I'm looking for, but I thought defunct was similar.
That could very well be a coloquial meaning, but I think it should at least be changed to "inactive" or "less active" or something.
I think what he means is that it's no longer a functioning community, even if in the technical sense the software is still working.
elfprince13 wrote:
I think what he means is that it's no longer a functioning community, even if in the technical sense the software is still working.
Indeed, that's what I mean. But I think Merth is not only disputing my definition of "defunct," he's also disputing the fact that Maxcoderz is in fact inactive.
I might just be biased since back in the day that was my forum... I kind of wish it would pick up in activity again with all those same members. Those were the "golden years" of my calc programming, I suppose, though I didn't really release much of anything.

Maybe if I started posting again it would pick back up...