KermMartian wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:
So what does my error message mean?

Code:
/usr/local/cross/lib/gcc/sh3eb-elf/4.6.2/../../../../sh3eb-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc
This means that libgcc can't be found. However, I'm not sure how to fix this; perhaps Jonimus or Tari can make a suggestion? I'd personally assume something like -I../../libs or something, but I;m not entirely positive.

Umm, so does that mean that I built gcc wrong or something?
Did you follow the rest of the gcc setup in the wiki? Per the wiki:
Prizm Wiki wrote:
You now have GCC installed, but libgcc hasn't been built. You can build and install it using:
$ make all-target-libgcc
$ make install-target-libgcc

If you kept all of your build files/folders in /usr/src/, you can just run that in the build-gcc folder and it should work.
Ok, so i started the tutorial ( http://prizm.cemetech.net/index.php?title=PrizmSDK_Setup_Guide ) over. Now I have errors. I have a feeling that the command is wrong, but I'm not sure. Anyway, here's my commands: http://pastebin.com/F4UYVR9j
um, bump?
flyingfisch wrote:
um, bump?
Twelve hours is not quite enough for a bump, but I'll answer despite the double-post. Clearly the binutils directory is missing, so I assume you overlooked:

Quote:
You should have the two folders created. Extract the two downloaded packages into /usr/src/, named gcc and binutils. You should have two folders, /usr/src/gcc and /usr/src/binutils with the extracted files in them.
Oh, I thought it was 12hr. for double posting, sorry. :-\

Also, yes, I must have overlooked that

EDIT: I was able to build a g3a file that worked! Now to learn C... I'm half through that tut Smile
I am not sure what other sites do, but here at Cemetech we pride ourselves on the quality rather than quantity of our posts, so bumping is >24 hours. Also, glad you got the SDK built, can't wait to see great programs from you.
Thanks, and once again, sorry about that... probably should have consulted site rules before bumping :-\
flyingfisch wrote:
Thanks, and once again, sorry about that... probably should have consulted site rules before bumping :-\
No worries, everyone makes mistakes. Smile Feel free to use this thread against if you have additional problems; if not, hopefully the next person with PrizmSDK + Linux problems will come here and post.
Is there a list of basic prizm functions somewhere?
I think some basic functions for the SDK are described in the documentation of the SDK.
You can download this documentation here Wink
Oh, no english docs?
This doc is in english.
Oh I'm sorry, I only looked at the name. :X

EDIT

So prizm and fx9860 use the same functions?
So I got my prizm today, and I thought I'd use this thread to dump my thoughts.

I built the build environment, and it appears to be working fine now.

My poorly pictured "Hello World"
How is the PrintXY function used?

I tried:

http://pastebin.com/NgYzkq9t

Code:

#include <display_syscalls.h>
#include <keyboard_syscalls.h>

void main(void) {
   int key;
   PrintXY(1,1,"Hey, World, Howd'ya do?", 1, #000)

while (1) {
        Bdisp_AllClr_VRAM();
        GetKey(&key);
      switch (key) {
      }
   }

return;
}

And got this error:

Code:
flyingfisch@flyingfisch-Office-Computer:~/Desktop/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/project$ make
/usr/local/cross/bin/sh3eb-elf-gcc -MMD -MP -MF /home/flyingfisch/Desktop/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/project/build/example.d -Os -Wall -mb -m4a-nofpu -mhitachi -nostdlib   -I/home/flyingfisch/Desktop/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/project/build -I/home/flyingfisch/Desktop/PrizmSDK-0.3/include -c /home/flyingfisch/Desktop/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/project/src/example.c -o example.o
/home/flyingfisch/Desktop/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/project/src/example.c:4:6: warning: return type of 'main' is not 'int' [-Wmain]
/home/flyingfisch/Desktop/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/project/src/example.c: In function 'main':
/home/flyingfisch/Desktop/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/project/src/example.c:6:2: error: stray '#' in program
/home/flyingfisch/Desktop/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/project/src/example.c:8:2: error: expected ';' before 'while'
/home/flyingfisch/Desktop/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/project/src/example.c:5:6: warning: unused variable 'key' [-Wunused-variable]
make[1]: *** [example.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2
I think PrintXY is not included in the SDK, is a function you'll have to add to your source files.
Um, its implied here:

http://pastebin.com/BiM1J1fY

display_syscalls.h:

Code:

void PrintXY_2( int mode, int x, int y, int msgno, int color );
void PrintXY( int x, int y, char*string, int mode, int color );
void ProgressBar0(int, int, int, int, int );
flyingfisch wrote:

Code:

#include <display_syscalls.h>
#include <keyboard_syscalls.h>

void main(void) {
   int key;
   PrintXY(1,1,"Hey, World, Howd'ya do?", 1, #000)

while (1) {
        Bdisp_AllClr_VRAM();
        GetKey(&key);
      switch (key) {
      }
   }

return;
}

And got this error:

Code:
flyingfisch@flyingfisch-Office-Computer:~/Desktop/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/project$ make
/usr/local/cross/bin/sh3eb-elf-gcc -MMD -MP -MF /home/flyingfisch/Desktop/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/project/build/example.d -Os -Wall -mb -m4a-nofpu -mhitachi -nostdlib   -I/home/flyingfisch/Desktop/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/project/build -I/home/flyingfisch/Desktop/PrizmSDK-0.3/include -c /home/flyingfisch/Desktop/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/project/src/example.c -o example.o
/home/flyingfisch/Desktop/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/project/src/example.c:4:6: warning: return type of 'main' is not 'int' [-Wmain]
/home/flyingfisch/Desktop/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/project/src/example.c: In function 'main':
/home/flyingfisch/Desktop/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/project/src/example.c:6:2: error: stray '#' in program
/home/flyingfisch/Desktop/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/project/src/example.c:8:2: error: expected ';' before 'while'
/home/flyingfisch/Desktop/PrizmSDK-0.3/projects/project/src/example.c:5:6: warning: unused variable 'key' [-Wunused-variable]
make[1]: *** [example.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

Well, for one, you're passing the color parameter of PrintXY with something not a number -- in fact, with something entirely illegal in C. To do hex equates, don't do #, do 0x. Secondly, there's no semicolon at the end of the line. Thirdly, the first two characters in a string passed to PrintXY are cut off, so that (if the first two problems were fixed), would be "y, World, Howd'ya do?". And fourthly, you need to feed a number between 0-7 inclusive for a color, correlating to a 3-bit RBG color -- I think display_syscalls.h or display.h has the TEXT_COLOR_<color in caps> defines in them; use them.
Man, we need a tutorial for that! Anyway, I'll go and try to fix my code...

EDIT: I cant find TEXT_COLOR_ anywhere.... :-\

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours