Kerm, can I put it on Cemetech? I don't know how to put it anywhere else.
CalebHansberry wrote:
Kerm, can I put it on Cemetech? I don't know how to put it anywhere else.
Assuming it's of reasonable size, I don't see why you couldn't upload it to one of the computer program folders.
OK, update: No update! Well, what happened is I got too discouraged trying to make it have what I think is called a "random-slide-floor" (but I COULD be wrong) to make the world infinite. Also, my laptop is too slow (640 KB RAM), my Windows XP computer cannot run DOS programs, and my Windows 95 laptop has no power cord. Also it is rather discouraging imagining - who would run a DOS program?
Here is an old cellphone I am selling on eBay: [Link] I request, if it is quite convienient, for you to bid on it, because I have a deal from eBay stating that if I sell an item in the "Cellphone and Smartphone" category before the 15th, eBay will give me $50 towards a purchase, which I could really use. You might consider it as a donation Smile
I succeeded in selling the cellphone, and eBay did give me the $50 coupon, and I successfully used it! I chose, after a lot of deliberation, the LG eXpo GW820, which runs Windows Mobile 6.5, and it has worked very well so far. "Windows Mobile 6.1/6.5" was mentioned earlier in this topic; so now, what do you guys propose that I do with it? I mean, what are the best things I can do with it, and are there any good free games/programs/emulators (for emulators, I've already gotten the PSone emulator)?

[EDIT] Also, are there any real good places to download WM6 programs? All the ones I've seen so far are pretty lame, like Softonic.
Well, unfortunately, it looks like I'll only be able to use this thread to increase my post count (which was not my original intention). Perhaps the title does not attract interest.
Note: this topic was not designed to die off so I'll bump it

Had an interesting time repairing some cellphones. I've been practicing it hands-on lately, with varied success. The HTC 8X, it is interesting to note, appears to have a microUSB port at the bottom of it, so when prying it apart (it's a unibody), one's first thought is to remove the top first, then pull out the bottom. However if you do this, you'll only break it - to take it apart, you must blast the screen where the soft buttons are with heat to disengage some glue there, and pry up the base straight up, then pull the top part out! This is because the USB port is on a separate board, which is attached to the unibody case, not the screen like the main logic board is, and is attached loosely with a flex cable.

I looked into replacing a MicroUSB port in an HTC EVO. At first I thought I'd use a soldering iron, but first of all my soldering iron's tip is about the width of two of the pads and the solder is even wider, and secondly the USB port's shape basically covers the pins. So I used a heat gun and it worked real well - I blew hot air at it to melt everything that was there, removed the port, put a new one on and clipped it on with a copper clip, and heated it again. The main issue is, it will melt everything plastic including the USB port itself; the copper clip may have helped. I could use a more directed hot air gun.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours