Yes, of course.
noelthebest wrote:
Yes, of course.
Great! Thanks for your patience in clarifying the rules and guidelines for us, and I shall certainly look forward to the release of the z80 TI-BASIC results.
You can now see them on TI-Planet. Wink
noelthebest wrote:
You can now see them on TI-Planet. Wink
Or more specifically, here: http://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=122656

Congrats to Deep Thought, persalteas, et alia. Smile I'd be interested to see the criteria for the grading, though. Smile
Hum, actually you lost points because in the subject it was written that you had to follow Tic-Tac-Toe's classic rules... but I'll ask critor what he thought about your game and then I'll send to you everything. Wink
noelthebest wrote:
Hum, actually you lost points because in the subject it was written that you had to follow Tic-Tac-Toe's classic rules... but I'll ask critor what he thought about your game and then I'll send to you everything. Wink
Oh, I thought the rules were that you had to have the classic game, but you could also have anything else that made it cooler. The rules were not specified, so I thought you were free to be creative. Smile If you choose the 2-player mode and neither player uses the Tank move, it is indeed the classic mode. I don't mean to complain, though.
You should have given the choice between the classic mode and the other one : then you would have earned a lot of points.
noelthebest wrote:
You should have given the choice between the classic mode and the other one : then you would have earned a lot of points.
Darn. I thought I sort of did, by letting you just not use the Tank move. Oh well, now I know. Smile Will you be publishing clearer and more explicit rules for the grading of the third part?
Hum, I'll publish grading for imposed subjects when I'll be able to. Tomorrow maybe.
But don't worry, the last part is the most important part.
noelthebest wrote:
Hum, I'll publish grading for imposed subjects when I'll be able to. Tomorrow maybe.
But don't worry, the last part is the most important part.
OK, that's good to hear. Thanks for your continued patience with all of our questions and points of clarification.
Since I actually don't have time for it, I hope this link -> http://tiplanet.org/forum/download/file.php?id=152 works for you.
I'm very confused as to how I missed points for the number I put on the program... What did I do wrong, because I see this as saying that my number is 42, which is what I put on my program. https://img.ourl.ca/rfg/my-number-ti-concours.png
_player1537 wrote:
I'm very confused as to how I missed points for the number I put on the program... What did I do wrong, because I see this as saying that my number is 42, which is what I put on my program. https://img.ourl.ca/rfg/my-number-ti-concours.png

??? you didn't lose points for this.
Axe results will be published in less than a week. Smile
noelthebest wrote:
_player1537 wrote:

??? you didn't lose points for this.
There was some news post that said that Kerm, a few others, and I lost points due to wrong naming, and then it gave us different numbers (Like, mine was 23 or something).

Edit: Oh, nevermind. I misread it saying "Catherine (18eme)" as meaning that I was supposed to use MORP18, not that I got 18th place Razz I understand now, lol Smile
No, actually the problem in your program was same as KermMartian's : tu didn't follow the classic rules.
noelthebest wrote:
No, actually the problem in your program was same as KermMartian's : tu didn't follow the classic rules.
I continue to argue that we all did indeed provide the classic rules, plus some extra features (if we chose to add them). Also, even had we not, I thought the rules were intentionally vague in telling us to be creative with the subject. Not that I care. Smile
... and I continue to argue that you should have given the choice between the classic mode and the other one : then you would have earned a lot of points.
Actually I you had done that critor and I would have been sure that you really took care about instructions.
It's likely my misreading. I saw this:

Quote:
The notation scheme is kept secret until all your programs are corrected in
order to make you take initiatives. However, to show you how important is respecting the
instructions we will just tell you that these rules will count for 50% of your score for this
round.
That meant, to me "be creative, as long as you have fulfilled the rules above. Being creative will get you lots of points". So I looked at the five numbered rules:
Quote:
1° - This game must include a two-player mode on the same calculator;
2° - This game must not exceed 3000 bytes;
3° - Players must be able to start a new game without quitting the program;
4° - The grid must be apparent;
5° - Rules must be exactly the same as in the classic game (three times three squares grid).
I think that the thing we're arguing about is rule (5). All I got from that is we had to use the same 3x3 grid as the normal one, no 4x4 or NxN grids. I didn't realize we weren't allowed to deviate at all from the normal moves.

But again, I am doing this for fun, so I don't really mind. Smile
Yes, actually I meant that you had to follow the classic rules IN the 3*3 grid mode.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours