noelthebest wrote:
Hum, nobody asked me to make an ASM category (excepted mdr1, but it was too late).
The rules for this contest allow you to enter already-released programs but your originality score will decrease, so that's not really a great idea... O_o
Well, good luck to everybody ! Wink
Aww, I would have seconded him on that, but as you say, it's too late now. Oh, I meant to also ask if hybrid programs are allowed, or only pure BASIC.
Pure Basic only.
noelthebest wrote:
Pure Basic only.
That's probably better, level the playing field a bit. Thanks for the clarification.
All right, the 1st round is starting tomorrow !

EDIT : subjects are already sent, check your mail ! Wink
noelthebest wrote:
All right, the 1st round is starting tomorrow !

EDIT : subjects are already sent, check your mail ! Wink
Got the email! It says no subprograms; does that mean no subprograms at all, or just no ASM subprograms? Can my BASIC prgmTICTAC call BASIC prgmZTIC and prgmZTAC? Or no?
No subprograms at all for imposed subjects. For you it is MORP03 I think.
Are we required to have the program check for a winner? (For the TI-Basic Tic-Tac-Toe part)
Yes.
Three days left by the way ! Smile
Don't forget sending your program, it's tomorrow midnight GMT+1 !
For those of us in the Easter time zone, that's 6 o'clock Wink
_player1537 wrote:
For those of us in the Easter time zone, that's 6 o'clock Wink
Actually, it isn't. It's one hour later since Europe hasn't switched to DST yet.
Less than 6 hours left ! Hurry up ! Smile
I didn't think I was going to make anything, but as my fellow SAX users know, it looks like I shall suceed. Are we supposed to strip out credits and such for anonymity? I will read the email again when I am not on my phone..
As you want.
4 hours left ! Very Happy
I have (I think!) submitted my completed game! I managed to get under 2500 bytes, with an AI, player-vs-player on one calculator, and a special feature that sets my Tic-Tac-Toe game apart from the standard rules. Good luck to all of my fellow entrants.
I have turned in my program (Hopefully for the last time... For the next 1-2 hours, I'll be at an interview, and that would be interesting... changing things on a phone Razz), Tic-Tac-(dart in)-Toe Smile Don't forget, like I did, to name it MORP plus your unique ID number. I managed to get mine to 2556 bytes, but I think if I removed my comments and did things just a hair more sanely, then I'd be at 2500 Razz Good luck to everyone else!
I now have it finished, finally. I have it at 1674 bytes with the coolest and smartest AI I have ever written for Tic-Tac-Toe Smile I was tweaking it earlier and messed up the AI, so I have been working for the last half hour to fix it. I finally fixed it and tested it and thought I found a mistake in the algorithm. Then I realised that my AI had outsmarted me XD

Hmm, actually, I might add in a few last minute features...
About the first round : there are 23/30 entries in z80, 11/18 in axe and 4/7 in 68k. It represents 69% of the registred. Wink
Claros wrote:
About the first round : there are 23/30 entries in z80, 11/18 in axe and 4/7 in 68k. It represents 69% of the registred. Wink
Not bad, not bad at all! I'm sad to see that the second part is March 27th through April 2nd, because I have a massive life-altering oral exam/presentation on April 2nd that I'll need to be preparing for. Sad
Second round starting soon !
The subjects are quite interesting ^^

EDIT : check your mails ! Very Happy

Graphing Calculator

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours