007901 wrote:
I think I do not use it correctly. None of my sourcecoder-programs can run in jsTIfied. Or is that a function that still doesn't work?
It should work fine. What seems to be the problem with them?
I accepted the terms of service (don't know if it is necessary), load one of my programs, press on, nothing happens.
007901 wrote:
I accepted the terms of service (don't know if it is necessary), load one of my programs, press on, nothing happens.
Did you also load a ROM image? You must load a ROM image, turn it on, and then load one of your programs.
my mistake.
now it works fine. sorry for all the ...(don't know the word both in dutch and english).
I thought that I could run a self-made program without first loading a ROM.
So will this allow for the Cemetech Arcade idea I postulated a while ago, where common high score files are maintained and we all try and beat each other at our favorite calc games?

EDIT- ok here's what I tried

Uploaded DoorsCS7.8xk - works fine

Uploaded oblitr8.8xp - uploaded fine, tried running it in Doors CS and it was slow and unresponsive. I couldn't seem to get the pointer over the arrow to change the minimum number of players and thus couldn't set up a single player game

Uploaded KKART.8xp - failed

Uploaded PONG.8XP - uploaded fine, but when run from DoorsCS it does nothing. Shows a splash screen and then quits whenever I hit a key(including the enter key).

I am running whatever the latest firefox is, on Windows 7 64-bit on a Dell Latitude D630 with 3 GB of RAM, intel 965 GMA, and a 2.0 ghz core 2 duo 64-bit processor.
jsTIfied is much faster than my own TI-83 Plus. keep up the good work!

ps. the word I meant is commentaries/remark.
sorry for the negative comments.
I have an idea. maybe you can put more RAM in it, because of large programs. My biggest program is 25213 bytes, but jsTIfied has just 24kb.
007901 wrote:
I have an idea. maybe you can put more RAM in it, because of large programs. My biggest program is 25213 bytes, but jsTIfied has just 24kb.
Please avoid double-posting within 24 hours; Edit your posts instead. Smile As far as your suggestion, jsTIfied is an exact replica (function-wise) of a real TI-83+, so if your program is too big to run on jsTIfied, it is too big to run on a real calculator. Perhaps you can post a topic so we can help you optimize and shrink your program?
sounds great.
As much as I'd love to have infinite or near-infinite RAM, I don't think the TI83+ OS is capable of accessing ram beyond a certain point.
And that point is somewhere in the range of 32 KB of ram, outside of paging, right?

Maybe he had a smaller OS or something, or he deleted all the variables.
DShiznit wrote:
As much as I'd love to have infinite or near-infinite RAM, I don't think the TI83+ OS is capable of accessing ram beyond a certain point.
It's capable of mapping more than 32KB of RAM pages, but the way the TI-OS uses the address space, it can only concurrently address up to 32KB of RAM. Some of that goes to the stack (vital), the VAT (important), the graph buffers (also important), system variables like Xmin, Xmax,... (debatable); the rest is your 24KB for programs, numbers, list, pictures, and running said items.
When using a ti84+SE, and attempting to upload files...
a) None of the files show up on the calculator
b) the uploader thinks that it works, but the file (dcs7) still did not show up.
c) the fail message when importing basic from source coder says "Are you sure its a TI-83+ ..."
Did you read the warning right above the file upload form? It says that file uploading is still broken for the non-TI-83+ models. Also, you said your TI-84+ isn't working? Right-click on the ROM in Windows Explorer and tell me the exact Size in bytes (not Size on Disk).
I know file uploading is broken, but when will it get fixed? Sad

It started working when I reloaded the page. I think I said that in the chat; but the ROM is 2,097,152 bytes.

EDIT: Actually, when I leave the page and go back to it, the emulator stops working until I press reset.
Fascinating. What browser are you using? I ask so that you can look at the Javascript error console and tell me if it reports any errors. The file upload will be fixed whenever I have time; I'm ridiculously busy with real-life stuff.
Real-life stuff is good.
I was unable to reproduce the bug now, but I'll know to check the javascript console if there is a bug at any time in the future, and I'll report it in the other thread Razz
LiquidMetal wrote:
Real-life stuff is good.
I was unable to reproduce the bug now, but I'll know to check the javascript console if there is a bug at any time in the future, and I'll report it in the other thread Razz
Excellent, I would very much appreciate that. My users are always much better at finding bugs than me. Wink
Not loading a TI-84PSE ROM. Rom size is 2,097,152 Bytes and the error console spits out

Code:

Uncaught Error: QUOTA_EXCEEDED_ERR: DOM Exception 22 jstified_compressed.js:29
d.onload jstified_compressed.js:29
What is your browser and version? It's not giving jsTIfied enough space to store the TI-84+SE ROM in DOM storage.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours