Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
KermMartian wrote:
*bump* App loading is fully functional! Sending from the virtual calculator is in progress. And in other news, many thanks to our good sir Ryan, ticalc.org news editor extraordinaire, for featuring jsTIfied on ticalc.org:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/articles/14/147/147820.html


Congrats on the feature =) I remember the days when those were far and few between for Cemetech projects.
Very nice! Seems to work okay on Firefox 10 (Arch Linux x86_64) Had a little trouble getting it going at first, but that simply turned out to be an overly aggressive ad-blocking filter.

It mostly seems remarkably smooth, though it frequently freezes briefly for a half second or so. This most often seems to occur just prior to major LCD changes.

One thing that might be good would be an option to allow maximum LCD contrast (black on bright white or something) without having to switch off the skin, for accessibility purposes.
Travis wrote:
Very nice! Seems to work okay on Firefox 10 (Arch Linux x86_64) Had a little trouble getting it going at first, but that simply turned out to be an overly aggressive ad-blocking filter.
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind as a debugging tip for other people who have difficulties with it.

Quote:
It mostly seems remarkably smooth, though it frequently freezes briefly for a half second or so. This most often seems to occur just prior to major LCD changes.
I suspect this has to do with how Javascript manages or caches memory, because it also corresponds to major switches in what segments of ROM the TI-OS is accessing.

Quote:
One thing that might be good would be an option to allow maximum LCD contrast (black on bright white or something) without having to switch off the skin, for accessibility purposes.
Hmm, not a bad idea at all. Parker had suggested having the high-contrast screen on the skinned calculator, but he didn't really back it up with a reason; accessibility sounds like a good reason to me.

TIFreak8x: I certainly remember those days "fondly" as well. Wink
It's just amazing o_o
PierrotLL wrote:
It's just amazing o_o
Thank you very much! I think you (and everyone else) will like it even better when it connects to the Cemetech and ticalc.org archives as well as to SourceCoder.
*bump* jsTIfied can now load your SourceCoder projects. Please test and enjoy.
KermMartian wrote:
*bump* jsTIfied can now load your SourceCoder projects. Please test and enjoy.


Just tried jsTIfied for the very first time 5 minutes ago. I went right into trying to send NucleoOS as an .8xu file -- apparently it successfully sent, but didn't actually do anything after many tries. I assume it doesn't allow loading of new OSes?
Ashbad wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
*bump* jsTIfied can now load your SourceCoder projects. Please test and enjoy.


Just tried jsTIfied for the very first time 5 minutes ago. I went right into trying to send NucleoOS as an .8xu file -- apparently it successfully sent, but didn't actually do anything after many tries. I assume it doesn't allow loading of new OSes?
Is it a TI-83+ OS? Note that .8xu != .rom, since a .8xu has no certificate. If you can dump the ROM from your calculator running NucleOS, though, perhaps with ROM8x, it should work fine.
*bump* I'm back to trying to figure out file sending from the emulator to your computer (and/or SourceCoder). It seems that this thread from BenRyves on the archived United-TI forums actually has some hints for me, although I'm trying to do non-silent linking. That bit about retained headers is interesting...

http://www.cemetech.net/projects/uti/viewtopic.php?t=8455
Feature request:
For now, it can import apps and programs but would it be possible to export them too ?
Hayleia wrote:
Feature request:
For now, it can import apps and programs but would it be possible to export them too ?
It can easily export programs and many other filetypes. Just click the link (2.5mm jack) button and then the Refresh Emulator Variable List button. You can send files to your computer or to SourceCoder.
Ah, yes, it works. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I never thought the "Load file/app" button could export Shock
I was just looking for a button "Save file/app" or something.
Hayleia wrote:
Ah, yes, it works. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I never thought the "Load file/app" button could export Shock
I was just looking for a button "Save file/app" or something.
How could I change the interface to make it more obvious how it works?
I have the same problem as ACagliano.

I use:
Google Chrome 21.0.1180.83 m
Windows 7 sp1 32-bit
javascript enabled
007901 wrote:
I have the same problem as ACagliano.

I use:
Google Chrome 21.0.1180.83 m
Windows 7 sp1 32-bit
javascript enabled
Thanks for the bug report. In other words you can load a ROM and turn on the calculator, but clicking on the keyboard doesn't work? What if you use your computer's physical keyboard?
oh, wait. I hadn't notice that there were 4 pages. let's read 2-4.
007901 wrote:
oh, wait. I hadn't notice that there were 4 pages. let's read 2-4.
No worries. Smile I just tried out jsTIfied with Google Chrome 21.0.1180 on Windows 7 x64, and I was able to use the tool properly. The only thing I notice is that the hotspots for the virtual keyboard are misaligned, meaning you need to click too far down on the keyboard image to click the keys.
correct, I forgot to say that.
007901 wrote:
correct, I forgot to say that.
But you're able to more or less use it properly? I will do my best to track down what the issue is with the image map misalignment and fix it.
I think I do not use it correctly. None of my sourcecoder-programs can run in jsTIfied. Or is that a function that still doesn't work?
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 8
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement