*bump*

:: Thanks to some good insights by BrandonW and DrDnar with their Flash expertise, I tracked down a bug with virtual flash erasing that was preventing Garbage Collecting from working properly. It now succeeds.

:: The file transmission feature (the little link cable jack icon) now works for many files. Please, please help me find a pattern among the files that don't work. It seems that all picture files work, all lists, but only some programs. Some large and small programs work, others don't.
Browser: Chromium, Firefox
ROM: TI83+.clc

works!
Awesome, flyingfisch! While you're at it, care to help me debug sending files to the emulator by finding some programs that work and do not work? Smile
I do not own a TI-calc so could you give me some good files to try?
flyingfisch wrote:
I do not own a TI-calc so could you give me some good files to try?
I am of course very biased, but I feel like some of the game that I've written are pretty decent:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/60/6077.html
I tried bowling and it worked, I'll try more later. The emulator is very slow on my computer though.
flyingfisch wrote:
I tried bowling and it worked, I'll try more later. The emulator is very slow on my computer though.
Even in Firefox? With Windows 7 and Firefox 9.0.1, jsTIfied runs ridiculously fast for me.
I only ran it long enough to see "RAM cleared" in firefox. I'll try it right now. Wink
flyingfisch wrote:
I only ran it long enough to see "RAM cleared" in firefox. I'll try it right now. Wink
Haha, fair enough. Thanks again for your help. I'm working on my book right now, and I also have some meetings to attend and contest entries to grade, but I'll try to work more on jsTIfied during HCWP tonight.
In firefox on ubuntu, I cannot get the .clc file to work anymore.
I haven't any Ti calculator, but i'm really interested by your emulator.
Which calculator i should buy ?
And how can i get the ROM ?
Purobaz wrote:
I haven't any Ti calculator, but i'm really interested by your emulator.
Which calculator i should buy ?
And how can i get the ROM ?
Currently, it only accepts TI-83+ ROM images, since it emulates the TI-83+'s hardware. If you had a TI-83+, you could use the ROM8x program to dump your calculator's ROM / certificate.
I just tried jsTIfied on a few browsers, and I have some feedback for you:
- jsTIfied does not work in IE7 or IE8, since neither browser supports the file API for a ROM image.
- jsTIfied does work in Google Chrome. I loaded my 83 Plus ROM image, and was able to change the contrast (which was reallly dim when the system started up), enter the APPS menu and manipulate it, to enter MirageOS (since that was loaded into the ROM image). However, after Mirage loaded and showed the File Manager, the calculator froze completely, and I had to click the Reset button on the top.
- Also, I noticed that the keyboard does not work, and I have to click on the keys, which makes turning off the skin useless.
- Internet Explorer issues are known. Because Microsoft hates supporting standards, IE 10 will be the first version of Internet Explorer to support the File API. Unfortunately, there's no way around this for me; jsTIfied can't work without the File API without sending the ROM through some intermediate server and back to the client, which I refuse to do for legal reasons. The ROM must stay on the client.
- Keyboard: You mean your computer's physical keyboard didn't work with Google Chrome? That's weird, other people had reported the opposite, namely clicking the keypad did nothing but using the computer's physical keyboard did work.
*bump* Help! Please upload files to jsTIfied using the new file upload feature, and tell me when you find programs or other files that fail!
That fail? Are you implying that despite failing the programs are still uploaded?
comicIDIOT wrote:
That fail? Are you implying that despite failing the programs are still uploaded?
I'm implying that jsTIfied (like Pindur and VTI and Wabbit before it) uses the Silent Link feature of the TI-83+ to send files from outside to inside the emulator, so the virtual calculator thinks another calculator is sending it a file. I'm also implying that with some hacking about, a very respectable percentage of .8xi, .8xp, .8xg, .8xm, etc files transfer successfully, but the virtual calculator does not accept a small percentage of the files I attempt to transfer. It does so by not completing the first part of the linking handshake that precedes the transfer of the variable's contents to the calculator. I want some examples of files that fail beyond my own set that I'm trying, because I am having difficulty finding the pattern in my own files that don't transfer.
Oh, got it! I had the wrong context for "find programs that fail."

I thought if they found them on the jsTIfied. That makes sense though. Going through a list and when you find one that fails to mark it and post the programs that didn't send.
Awesome, thanks comic. To you and everyone else, I changed the save format, so you might have to load a new ROM if your jsTIfied calculator has a black screen.
*bump* App loading is fully functional! Sending from the virtual calculator is in progress. And in other news, many thanks to our good sir Ryan, ticalc.org news editor extraordinaire, for featuring jsTIfied on ticalc.org:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/articles/14/147/147820.html

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours