I am guessing the .zip file would be easiest to manage using Windows unless I use 7-zip, right?
Yes the zip will work fine, but the tar.xz is way way smaller.
What do I do now, I have the zip. It contains alot of folders and alot of files, I don't have a clue what to do.
zeldaking wrote:
What do I do now, I have the zip. It contains alot of folders and alot of files, I don't have a clue what to do.
Did you read the setup guide on WikiPrizm?

http://prizm.cemetech.net/index.php?title=PrizmSDK_Setup_Guide
Nope. Thanks for the help, hopefully I will get to coding. I looked at Ashbad's pong example and I understand the code except for one part. The file with bunch of 0xf0e stuff (assuming this is picture data) but I am not sure. Is this the info for the selected and unselected homescreen image?
zeldaking wrote:
Nope. Thanks for the help, hopefully I will get to coding. I looked at Ashbad's pong example and I understand the code except for one part. The file with bunch of 0xf0e stuff (assuming this is picture data) but I am not sure. Is this the info for the selected and unselected homescreen image?

Nope, the two images are converted automatically in the build process. What you probably looked in was data.h, which held the converted picture data for the PONG logo on the title screen and the "copyright" at the bottom of the title screen Wink I then copy the sprites to the screen using CopySpriteMasked (or CopySprite or CopySpriteMaskedAlpha).
Yeah it was the header file. Okay that makes more sense. Thanks. I will try to make a small program tonight.
Questions:
Can I use cout<< "Text
Also can i use...
cin << Var
If not is there any fuction that will allow easy user input?
Third: Is there a list of #include anywhere?
If you look in the /include/ folder of the PrizmSDK, you'll see all of the include files you can use, and inside them are all the system calls that you can use. This is C, not C++, and there's no stdio anyway, so you can't use cout and cin. There's no super-easy function for user input yet, but we're working on building a compendium of such routines.
Also, for the record, the correct C++ syntax is cin >> var, IIRC.
graphmastur wrote:
Also, for the record, the correct C++ syntax is cin >> var, IIRC.
You remember correctly. The (stupidly overloaded shifting operators) stream operators are meant to show which direction the stream is going:

Code:
 cout << "Text points " << 2 << " into the cout and stdout" << endl;
cin >> mystring; //text comes out of cin and into mystring.
Haha, sorry about that. I havent coded C++ in about a year. Ahh yes it is C. Okay will look into the SDK
Phew... I actually have some time to code some C. Okay first off I have a question. Where do you put your unselcected BMP and selected BMP? Meaning the unselected and selected pictures that show up on the prizm homescreen. Should I make a folder just for this project?
zeldaking wrote:
Phew... I actually have some time to code some C. Okay first off I have a question. Where do you put your unselcected BMP and selected BMP? Meaning the unselected and selected pictures that show up on the prizm homescreen. Should I make a folder just for this project?

You indeed need a folder for each project. In the makefile, you specify which images in the project folder you use to be selected/unselected, and the makefile is also in there as well. Also, make sure you set it up correctly: http://prizm.cemetech.net/index.php?title=PrizmSDK_Setup_Guide#Setting_Up_the_SDK_on_Windows
You should make a folder for each project in the projects folder. You specify the icons as arguments to mkg3a in the makefile. Did you see our thread about Prizm icon guidelines?
...Yeah, that makefile thing made no sense. I will code and then worry about that later.
This is directed to Ashbad or anyone who knows. What does this do?

Code:

int PRGM_GetKey(int x){
   unsigned char buffer[12];
   PRGM_GetKey_OS( buffer );
   return ( buffer[1] & 0x0F ) * 10 + ( ( buffer[2] & 0xF0 ) >> 4 );
}
zeldaking wrote:
This is directed to Ashbad or anyone who knows. What does this do?

Code:

int PRGM_GetKey(int x){
   unsigned char buffer[12];
   PRGM_GetKey_OS( buffer );
   return ( buffer[1] & 0x0F ) * 10 + ( ( buffer[2] & 0xF0 ) >> 4 );
}

Returns the keycode of the last key pressed, in the format KEY_PRGM_<XXX> (example, KEY_PRGM_SHIFT mean the shift key -- all of the keycodes can be found in keyboard.hpp).

I honestly suggest you use this, though: http://prizm.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Debouncing_Multiple-Keypress_PRGM_GetKey
Ahh okay I was thinking it was along those lines. Could anyone help me make some C code based off of this...

Code:

While Getkey=0
code...
End

Sorry I am just a beginner C coder Smile
Honestly, I've just been pointing all beginning C programmers here: http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/c-tutorial.html

Feel free to read through that, I'll be glad to answer any questions. Once you go through all of that and understand it all, then you'll probably be ready for C programming on the Prizm.
well i know how to do a while loop, i just need to know the getkey part.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours