From Casio's Facebook page, I discovered that they're offering an online Prizm training course. It seems to be for both students and teachers, so I'm giving it a try. They also mentioned on their Facebook page that they're giving participants either a Prizm or a Prizm emulator at the completion of the course. I'll let you guys know what happens when I finish it.

http://www.casioeducation.com/educators/online_training
Very neat! I'll give it a shot as well.
Hey cool Cool

EDIT:
I'm doing this too! Mind if I cross-post on UCF?
flyingfisch wrote:
Hey cool Cool

EDIT:
I'm doing this too! Mind if I cross-post on UCF?
Not at all! As long as I can still get my Prizm. Very Happy
Is anyone else able to get 'assessment 1'? I only have the user guide and emulator attached... No assessment Sad

[img]http://www.zimagez.com/miniature/screenshot-02022012-014321pm.php[/img]
flyingfisch wrote:
Is anyone else able to get 'assessment 1'? I only have the user guide and emulator attached... No assessment Sad

[img]http://www.zimagez.com/miniature/screenshot-02022012-014321pm.php[/img]
I was able to click the "Attachments" item and get the Assessment. You have to run through Module 1 before you can get it, though.
ahh. I didn't go through that section.

I can't use the emulator with WINE. Would it be cheating to ask for screenshots?
flyingfisch wrote:
ahh. I didn't go through that section.

I can't use the emulator with WINE. Would it be cheating to ask for screenshots?
I think it would definitely be. Smile That's tantamount to us all just sharing the same set of the 3 document files. Unfortunately, the emulator trial has expired on all three of my Windows computers. Sad I'm hoping I can find a friend's computer I can use to take the screenshots.
D: So we can't share the doc files. That's too bad. Oh well, no prizm for linux users I guess :-/
flyingfisch wrote:
D: So we can't share the doc files. That's too bad. Oh well, no prizm for linux users I guess :-/
Well, if you already have a Prizm, I think you can take the screenshots from the calculator directly. And I mean that it would be cheating to distribute the filled-out .doc files; I think it would be less bad (although still questionable, since you need to watch the tutorials to get the .docs) to share the blank docs.
I don't need the blank docs anymore. I need the screenshots. Oh well!

I do know how to use a PRIZM, if that helps... but i don't think it does Sad
Funnily enough, even though the trial Manager expired, I find I can use the Screen Recorder application to take screenshots from my Prizm. Huzzah. These are very time consuming, though, and I'm actually learning a lot more about my Casio Prizm. I didn't realize that the math input screen was so Pretty-Printy.
Is it free?
Spenceboy98 wrote:
Is it free?
As far as I can tell, yes. I'm not sure if you qualify though; check their requirements.

In other news, I completed and sent Assessment 1 and learned a surprisingly large amount.

Edit: And I completed and sent Assessments 2 and 3! I'm still waiting for my confirmation emails; I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Cool! Tell us if you actually get a PRIZM or if you get PRIZM emulator. Wink
flyingfisch wrote:
Cool! Tell us if you actually get a PRIZM or if you get PRIZM emulator. Wink
Will do. Smile I'm currently chatting with them on their Facebook page, actually:

Casio Education wrote:
‎Christopher Mitchell- Yes, we did receive your assessments. You are correct in patiently assuming that the confirmations are not automated emails. We look forward to looking over your assessments! Hope you enjoyed the course!

Me wrote:
Cheers, thanks in advance. I actually learned a lot more than I expected to, and since I've been a TI calculator user and programmer for well over a decade, I enjoyed learning how much math/science, financial, and pedagogical functionality the Prizm has beyond its open programming model (http://cemete.ch/n443).

Casio Staff wrote:
Congratulations! You have successfully completed Assessment #3 in the “Using the Prizm fx-CG10” online training course. You are now eligible to receive either the Prizm fx-CG10 calculator or the Prizm Manager Software.

Hello Chris,

I'm glad you liked it! I enjoyed reading the posts (and links) you placed on our Facebook page. There is certainly a different culture here at Casio compared with TI and it is gratifying to have people recognize that. Every company, of course, has its own imperfections, but our goal is to start a conversation so teachers at least recognize that they have a choice in technology.

Thank you again for your participation in our online course.
I started looking at this yesterday and lost interest shortly afterward. Motivation returns today, however, so I'll have a go.

KermMartian wrote:
(http://cemete.ch/n443).
Unrelated web design note: with my browser at 1920 pixels wide, the images in that news article overflow the containing box. screengrab
Tari wrote:
I started looking at this yesterday and lost interest shortly afterward. Motivation returns today, however, so I'll have a go.

KermMartian wrote:
(http://cemete.ch/n443).
Unrelated web design note: with my browser at 1920 pixels wide, the images in that news article overflow the containing box. screengrab
Ugliness, I need a clear: both; in there somewhere. Thanks for pointing that out. And good luck on the training; you of all people (and Jonimus) should have Prizms.
Just submitted assessment #1, we'll see how it goes from here.

KermMartian wrote:
And good luck on the training; you of all people (and Jonimus) should have Prizms.s
Heh. Smile
Your typo amuses me, because I initially corrected it to crt0.s in my mind.
I do have classpad manager full version so I think I'll try that Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours