Oh, and technically BBC Basic progs don't need to be in RAM either (the app loads from archive) but in order to save to the same file you need to have it in RAM. It's a handy way to make sure you don't overwrite a backup to keep it in Archive, though.
willrandship wrote:
I know the problem, I think.
The problem is that it's a TI-Nspire and it was made by TI. Solution to fix the calc: sell it for a PRIZM. Razz

On a serious note, keep in mind that the TI-84 Plus emulator that is built-in the older TI-Nspire models doesn't emulate undocumented Z80 assembly instructions. Any ASM program and APP that use them will not work on the TI-Nspire.
That's the reason for most of the extra crashes, yes. Did they fix that in later versions of the emulator?
Not at all. In fact, it's even worse, because newer versions run MathPrint OS'es, which already breaks some ASM programs in the first place.
Yea I noticed Omnicalc crashes a lot, and when that crashes it interferes with DCS, which causes really odd glitches on the Nspire..
DJ_O wrote:
Not at all. In fact, it's even worse, because newer versions run MathPrint OS'es, which already breaks some ASM programs in the first place.
Tell me about it. The MP TI-OS versions are the bane of my application-writing experience as far as Doors CS goes. :S
Ah, I misread "older calcs" to mean clickpad vs touchpad where you meant non-cx vs cx.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours