Hey guys, I got a few TI-83 (non-plus) and a whole heap of TI-82 calculators, all with LCD problems, and I have been refurbishing them in my spare time. I know that many of you like to build collections of the full line of TI graphing calculators, so I figured rather than put them up on eBay I would offer them to you all. Since we're all friends, I'm asking a nominal fee for the hour or so it takes to fix each calculator, plus shipping.

I started with the TI-83 calculators, all of which are lacking battery cases and slide cases and have green paint on the back. All have button-cell batteries. I have five of them, and I have been fixing the LCDs and using isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) to strip the green paint off the back. Check out an example below. PM me if you want one; I'm thinking $20 plus $5 shipping each is fair. All are fully-functional, have the sloped-style LCD, and have boot code 1.08 underneath.

This is pretty tempting! I'll think about it, will you ever be offering a refurbished 84+? regular or SE? I'd gladly pay into that Very Happy
The_Coded wrote:
This is pretty tempting! I'll think about it, will you ever be offering a refurbished 84+? regular or SE? I'd gladly pay into that Very Happy
No, refurbishing TI-84+/SEs is beyond my soldering skills, I'm afraid. I'll have lots of TI-82s soon, and maybe a small handful of TI-83+s.
An 82 is already under my name, of course. As is one for merthsoft. Very Happy
tifreak8x wrote:
An 82 is already under my name, of course. As is one for merthsoft. Very Happy
Oh yes, I will be sure to remember that. Smile Also, I've fixed up five of the six TI-83s so far, one of which will be staying with me, meaning that I have four available TI-83 calculators for any of you. Smile All are equally functioning, and all except the fourth one have moderately clean backs. The fourth still has a bit of green spraypaint.
KermMartian wrote:

Although you did mention green paint, that pic reminded me of http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/articles/1/15/15975.html Shock
You're right, they do indeed resemble that 'shopped image. Smile Good memory.
I will indeed wait to see what other things you come up with Graphing Calculator
The_Coded wrote:
I will indeed wait to see what other things you come up with Graphing Calculator
OK, sounds good. So far I've parted with one of the TI-83s; another one is in bidding now (currently at $0.99) if anyone wants to get in on that:
www.ebay.com/itm/170929126992

My TI-82s should be coming soon.
*bump* Got a fully-functioning TI-83+, the only thing wrong with it was a missing [ON] key! Luckily I had a spare. Smile This one has a discrete z80, if you need one of those calculators. Grab it on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170938012450
Which is the lowest model that supports calcnet again Kerm?
geekboy1011 wrote:
Which is the lowest model that supports calcnet again Kerm?
Even the TI-82 could easily run the interrupt; I just haven't ported it over to those calculators. The current answer is the TI-83+.

Also, the first of the TI-82s for you folks who wanted one. This one didn't even need any internal fixes! I just cleaned off the outside of some sticker adhesive: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170938049329
*bump* I have discovered that there are some significant shortcomings to the trick of using heat to repair the glue on the ribbon cables. I am working on finding how to make it a more reliable and repeatable repair.

Sidebar: the TI-83+ I have for sale is currently at $9.99 if anyone needs a cheap calculator for testing. Smile
Do you still have any refurbished ti 83's available? Graphing Calculator

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours