If I'd have a couple more minutes I would have added a high score table, but I was getting close to the deadline so I didn't.

Anyway, here's an official "announcement" topic for my entry (written in Java) in the PC game category.

Disclaimer: this is based on a previous project that never saw completion, which I dug up out of my old projects folder. The old one had a ton of problems with the multithreading code that made it crash for no reason, and several sprites ripped off of Google Image search, a scoring system that didn't reward you for shooting things (or penalize you for shooting willy-nilly without any regard for accuracy). Also the user interface was pretty much non-existent. The old game was available for download at one point, but this has enough "new" stuff that I would consider it a previously unreleased work. If the judges feel differently I'll understand. The topic for the old game was here: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=71309
Seems like a fair set of assumptions to me. Nice job on a last-minute submission, Elfprince, and good luck!
KermMartian wrote:
Seems like a fair set of assumptions to me. Nice job on a last-minute submission, Elfprince, and good luck!

Thanks, I actually had a different game I wanted to revise, but the time constraints were too tight for the amount of stuff I wanted to add. Thanks for motivating me to finish and publish a working game =)
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Thanks, I actually had a different game I wanted to revise, but the time constraints were too tight for the amount of stuff I wanted to add. Thanks for motivating me to finish and publish a working game =)
No problem! Hopefully you'll even upload it to the archives when grading is over and the results are released.
Published!
elfprince13 wrote:
Published!
Published indeed! You can grab Elfprince's tunnel game from the archives here (I bludgeoned his screenshots into submission):

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=709

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours