the only thing i have is my silver usb cable... i really wanted to use the web browser, but cant afford taking the 10+ bucks to do all that fancy stuff i am just a teen so i have min wage and have to put it toward the cell phone so...
Unfortunately you cannot use the SilverLink with gCn. An Arduino is only around $20-$30 so if you save up I think you can afford it, but since I don't know your current financial situation I'm not the person to speak with on that.
Edit: You could use the "$10" bridge: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5729
Sad ... well... the "direct link", is that like the homemade usb cables? if it is i have a spare 2.5mm cable that's an old piece of trash and a usb cable that's never going to get used again anyway. i just need to know what to connect where...
No direct link is just Mini USB B to regular USB B, If I recall correctly. Here is a fine selection
ip-programs wrote:
the only thing i have is my silver usb cable... i really wanted to use the web browser, but cant afford taking the 10+ bucks to do all that fancy stuff i am just a teen so i have min wage and have to put it toward the cell phone so...
Welcome to Cemetech! You should Introduce Yourself when you get the chance. Do you have a TI-83+ or a TI-84+? If you have a TI-83+, your choices are the "$10 bridge" (which requires soldering) or the Arduino bridge (about $25). If you have a TI-84+, you can use any of those are the Direct USB method.
I have an 83+. I think I'm going to wait and ask for arduino for B-Day or something from my parents.
ip-programs wrote:
I have an 83+. I think I'm going to wait and ask for arduino for B-Day or something from my parents.
Great idea. The nice thing about the Arduino is that besides using it as a GlobalCALCnet bridge, it's a respectable tool for learning about microcontroller programming and embedded design.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours