As many of you may know, in recent times I have been taking steps to remove direct Star Trek likenesses from this project. The badge logo has been replaced, and we will be changing some of the Trek-specific system names to things more generic. This is not at the behest of anyone, we're doing it to avoid any potential copyright issues down the road.

To this end, we need to replace the Enterprise icon in the screenshot above. The shield bit will be replaced with a gfx_Circle() so you need not worry about the blue outline. As many members of TI-Trek's team have already contributed graphics, I decided to open the floor to the whims of those users who may be interested in the project and contributing in some way.

Objective
Design TWO (2) 32x32 icons of an original ship that you would like to see included in this game. The first icon should be a top-down view and the second should be a side-view. The icons may use any color within the XLIBC palette EXCEPT black, which is used as the transparent index (this means make any transparent areas of the icon black).

Submission Guidelines
  1. You may submit a design by posting a link to your submission in the attached forum topic, or emailing me at the address you can find there.
  2. Your submission must include the following, compressed into an archive:
    - Two 32x32 sprites, one a top-down view and the other a side-view
    - A text file, wherein which some form of identification (either forum name or actual name), is included
  3. The contest will close on the November 30th, 2019.

Judging
  1. The entries will be reviewed by TI-Trek's graphics team, who will act as the contest judges.
  2. Submissions will be judged based on: the originality of the design and how aesthetically-pleasing the design is.
  3. The top 3 submissions will win.

Prizes
  1. A plaque recognizing your contribution to the project
  2. An in-game contributor badge (when I get that functionality working)
  3. Inclusion of your icon in the default project assets.
  4. Your sprite and (user)name in the game's in-game and written credits.

Editor's Note: Although this is not an official Cemetech contest (this project is under the sole auspices of ACagliano), we like to encourage collaboration and creativity in the community, so go to it, and have fun!
Ooh, that sounds like some good prizes...
I have a couple of questions though:
1. Does it have to be pure white, or is more color ok?
2. When are entries due? Or is it until you have enough to choose from?
Either way, I am looking forward to working on this, and test my sprite making skills!
Argus wrote:
Ooh, that sounds like some good prizes...
I have a couple of questions though:
1. Does it have to be pure white, or is more color ok?
2. When are entries due? Or is it until you have enough to choose from?
Either way, I am looking forward to working on this, and test my sprite making skills!

1. Please stick within the xlibc color palette, but any color other than black is fine (black is used as transparent). I'll modify the main thread to indicate this.
2) Hmm, i suppose I'll end the contest within 1 month.

** The contest announcement post has been updated to specify these **
here's my submission
I kinda forgot to put black as transparent, sorry 'bout that. It should be easily fixed.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sp1GraDnXBmQwNXZ-1ANhFcc4SxFhRdQ/view?usp=sharing
Figured I may as well give this a shot. The contest is still open, right?
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vUy2sHHN_MYxZ63KzY3y99rKv0MkpNnn
It is indeed. Ends 12pm tonight. Lmao.
I'll continue to accept rolling admissions as the dev team judges over the next week or so.
Hope it's not too late, I have a submission: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_uhc7TEloFR9a7zFxb9H7bIkEQzgYBo5
Thanks!
3 submissions have been submitted for review to the graphics team of the project. Anyone else who wants to contribute one feel free to do so as we review.
Alright everyone, the time has come. Firstly, I apologize for the delay in getting these results taken care of, but at long last we have scores on the 3 submissions from everyone.

All submissions in this project were reviewed by 4 members of the dev team and the final scores are as follows:
epsilon, with 41.77% of the vote, or 33 points
argus, with 41.77% of the vote, or 33 points
izder456, with 12.00% of the vote, or 9 points.

This means both epsilon and argus are winners. You both can PM me for details about the prize(s).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours