» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67, 68  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashbad wrote:
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
@comic i am not sure if i should be offended or not....

You probably shouldn't; the red flame on the left does reflect over itself like a Rorschach Reflection, so I can see where he got the idea from :)

It actually looks like a variation on this one: (Card I)

Oh ok. I am not offended then, I thought he was meaning the whole thing. Which meant it looked like a blob. haha.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
@comic i am not sure if i should be offended or not....

Indeed you should not. I was voicing the idea because of the similarity. However, such a background would not work in this case because it's not a psychological study group but rather a Youth Group.

You're using photoshop correct? I think GIMP may have this same ability, but find a flame with either an all black or an all white background and set the layer blending mode to something that looks good. I don't have the options in front of me, or I'd suggest one.

Make sure the background is all white. When it is, you can take a photo like this one, add it to another and get this result.

Something I put together with my new graphics software. All the photo editing was done in Lightroom and the text and special effects (as I couldn't edit the photo in that way in Lightroom) were added through Pixelmator.

It started as that "Album Cover" meme - but without the random image - but then it became a bit more personalized. I actually like the layout better than the other. I like the band & album name in the other though.

Here's the first one I did.

Nothing spectacular... but I did this userbar background in GIMP:

flyingfisch wrote:

Hmm, I actually quite like that. I need to find a place to fit that into my signature somewhere. Thanks for sharing!
I'm sure you could rid DCS6 User Razz
KermMartian wrote:
flyingfisch wrote:

Hmm, I actually quite like that. I need to find a place to fit that into my signature somewhere. Thanks for sharing!

You're welcome! Someone else made one but I thought the 'prizmy' colored font was too bright. So I toned it down and made it the background instead of the font. I also put the prizm's awesome main menu in it Very Happy

EDIT:

I made a prizm C userbar bg:

And a prizm C++ userbar BG:

Put your own text on top using http://userbars.removedfromgame.com!

This is one of my photoshopped pics. I'm doing a backbend over myself. Enjoy.......

And here is another.....
Spenceboy98 wrote:

This is one of my photoshopped pics. I'm doing a backbend over myself. Enjoy.......

And here is another.....

Hey cool! Very Happy
Here is a pic I did about a year ago:

It is a background for this site, which I made:
atgworldwide.us
That's pretty good! What exactly did you do? Take a photo from online, add shadow and smoke? Or just the white box in the center?
Thanks Smile

I got the photo online, manually edited out the background since it was not solid or even nearly solid. The box in the background is a gradient. I used adobe fireworks and it has a box gradient option, haven't seen that in gimp... if anyone knows how, I would like to know Smile

I did the shadows manually. I did the smoke myself (I wrote a fireworks script for it).
Gradient -> Shape -> Square. Smile Draw out the gradient, stretch it along the horizontal axis, and you have a rectangular gradient.
KermMartian wrote:
Gradient -> Shape -> Square. Smile Draw out the gradient, stretch it along the horizontal axis, and you have a rectangular gradient.

Ah, thank you, I never saw that Smile
That looks cool, but a bit overcharged on the title, nah?
Overcharged?
I was thinking the lightning bold was a little on the big side....
flyingfisch wrote:
I was thinking the lightning bold was a little on the big side....
I agree that the lightning bolt is a bit big, and the font is a bit narrow. I like the look, though!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67, 68  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 66 of 68
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours