I cant get the syntax to work.
Spenceboy98 wrote:
I cant get the syntax to work.
Can you be more specific? What sort of error message do you get? Were you able to open the command prompt?
I opened it. It says, "The syntax of the command is incorrect." I'm probably typing it wrong. This is what I typed, "-n <WebHub>" for Gossamer. I've tried everything. Now it says, "Received message of length 27 from server." How do I connect with my calculator?
Try again, but use "WebHub", not "<WebHub>"
Another problem is that my calculator won't connect to the computer.
Mad I'm frustrated. I'm banging my head on the computer screen. I am literally crying. Crying I hate that my calculator won't freaking connect! Mad NEED MORE HELP! I still need help please. I can't connect it to my calculator. I DON'T KNOW HOW!
Can you post the arguments that you're providing to the gcnclient as well as the full output? You can copy-paste by right-clicking in the command window, choosing "mark", highlighting what you want to copy, then right-clicking. You will then be able to paste it here.

Code:
gcnclient -n IRCHub -l SpencerB -d d -s gcnhub
.cemetech.net -p 4295

That is what I put in. It says it is receiving but, nothing shows up on my calculator.
That looks good to me. Now, make sure you run that while the calculator is connected over Direct USB, connected to a port where the filter driver is installed, and when the calculator is at the homescreen.
I will try.
What Homescreen? Doors? Chat?
KermMartian wrote:

Please don't double-post, this is the third time I've warned you.

Seriously, you can use the edit button.

^ right there, as pointed out with my awesome MS Paint skills
Sorry. I forgot. But what Homescreen?
You know the screen of the calculator where you type in equations and whatnot? That is what is known as the homescreen
Okay. Just making sure. It still isn't doing anything to my calculator. What is it supposed to do?
Spenceboy98 wrote:
Okay. Just making sure. It still isn't doing anything to my calculator. What is it supposed to do?
If you are at the homescreen using the Direct USB cable (not the SilverLink, right?) and you run the gCnClient, it should say "connected" and then not do anything until you start up Gossamer or CALCnet Chat or whatever program you're trying.
Nothing is happening. Sad It's not even registering on TI Connect.
Spenceboy98 wrote:
Nothing is happening. Sad

Quote:
not the SilverLink, right?

are you using a USB cable, if not then that could be the problem
I'm using Direct USB and it is still doesn't work.
Spenceboy98 wrote:
Nothing is happening. Sad It's not even registering on TI Connect.
Wait, TI-Connect shouldn't be a component in all this. Are you saying that your calculator isn't registering in TI-Connect at all, ignoring all the gCn stuff?
TI-Connect ignoring gCn stuff. I was checking the connection by looking at TI-Connect.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours